About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2019 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 1/28/19 by Terry (abquitsmking); 86884 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

11/16/19

So good to hear from you and I am so glad you are doing well.  The class sounds great, I think exercise of any kind helps with the weight and the smoking issues.  Kinda keeps us on track.  I am just going over 200 miles on my bike and 3042 cigs not smoked, so I am sure my body is saying thank you.  Had a few rough times but I am getting so good at telling the junkie within to take a hike.  relaxed  So all is good and give Reggie a hug for me.

Brenda (1sept19)

11/16/19

How are you doing today ?  I hope all is well and you are having a much better day.  

Brenda (1sept19)

11/16/19

How are you doing ?  Haven't heard from you in a while, but just hoping you are busy but still smokefree.   Let us know, been thinking about you. relaxed

Ovivi

11/16/19

I am having good and not so good days. Life is still a roller coaster! But at the end of every day, I’m still so grateful to be a non smoker.
How are you doing now, Brenda?
lindnog

11/16/19

Hi Brenda I am 100% positive your body is saying a massive thank you to you!!! You are doing great...200 miles on your bike and 3042 cigarettes not smoked!!! You are amazing!!

Ive had the odd thought after extremely busy days at work where I get into my car and have a brief thought of having a cigarette. But like you say that junkie thinking can take a hike! I love that. 
We are heading towards our fab 4’s lol and of course we smell great!!

Linda

Brenda (1sept19)

11/17/19

Ah yes, the roller coaster......I know it well.  smirk I have found with myself that it is all about attitude.  If I get a little negative, stressed or depressed, the junkie within will talk to me a little more. Then I have to use my tools more, distraction, positive self talk, exercise, come to the forum.  If I stay positive about my quit and myself, it is so much easier.  How about you, do you notice that attitude is a real biggy for you ? 

Brenda (1sept19)

11/17/19

lindnog said:

Ive had the odd thought after extremely busy days at work where I get into my car and have a brief thought of having a cigarette.

I get those occasional triggers myself, after a tough day or when I finish with something and take a break.  Or if I let myself get down or negative.  I try to keep myself positive and grateful for my quit.  I am definitely learning as I go, but for the most part I am doing good. Onward to the fab 4's....

Brenda (1sept19)

11/22/19

Hoping that everyone is well and staying smoke free.  Noticing positive changes everyday with myself and I am so grateful for my quit.  Hope you all have a great weekend. 

Image result for quotes about change

Brenda (1sept19)

11/24/19

A great big congratulations, Viv.  3 months down, onward to the 4th. 

Image result for congratulations