PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Momentousness of Jesus Christ #2   Topics/belief

Started 11/9/21 by PAULFROMNYS; 78 views.
PAULFROMNYS

11/9/21

"I had heard of thee by the hearing of the ear; but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."

This is the transition stage! But what was it all unto? On the one hand, fulness and goodness, a great measure of self-righteousness, and on the other hand, brokenness, emptiness, everything gone - and all that by God's permission!

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

11/9/21

and all that by God's permission!

We must remember that Satan was God's instrument and he was not doing this independently of God. After the first blow, when Job's possessions and family were destroyed, Satan went back to God and challenged Him a second time. Again God asked him: "Hast thou considered my servant Job? for there is none like him in the earth... and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him." God did it through Satan, but why did He do all this? We can never say when some trouble comes into our life: 'This is absolutely from the devil!' It may be from the devil, but there is the Lord's meaning behind it. What was all this unto?

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

11/9/21

What was all this unto?

We have the all-inclusive answer in this verse: "...but now mine eye seeth thee." What does that mean? It is Christ who comes into view again and again. Job is in quest of God in a new way. He knew Him - "I had heard of thee by the hearing of the ear" - but now he cries: "O that I knew where I might find him!" Job is crying out to find God, for God is not in him. He is crying for a personal, inward knowledge of God; and why does he seek after a personal, inward and spiritual union with God? Because this is the only thing which can save him now. One of his friends says to him: "Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace," but Job says: 'It is easy to say: "Acquaint now thyself with God!", but that is just my difficulty. I cannot find Him, so how can I get to know Him? Oh, that I knew where I might find Him, that I might come even to His seat!' That personal, inward knowledge of God has been the quest of men throughout the ages, and Christ is the answer to that cry.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

11/9/21

and Christ is the answer to that cry.

"Oh, that I knew where I might find him!" "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father"; "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world"; "If a man love me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." God is found in Christ, and in Christ the Holy Spirit becomes an inward reality. But first all our own righteousness and fulness and self-satisfaction have to go and Christ has to be our righteousness, our fulness and our satisfaction.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

11/9/21

Victory Over Death

Then we see another thing in Job's life, and that is the matter of victory over death. Job came face to face with death. This had not caused him any difficulty before, because the sin question had not been dealt with, but now he had questions about himself. He was shaken and his soul was torn through fear of death. He was not sure about himself and his relationship to God, and he asks. "If a man die shall he live again?" There must be an explanation, or is life only a dream? Is there no answer, no vindication? He had lost all, yet he had believed in God. Is that all now? Is God a myth and life a tragedy? If a man die, is that all, or shall he live again?

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

11/9/21

et us turn to the Gospel of John to find the answer to this acute question: "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth on me, though he die, yet shall he live."

Job wanted the resurrection and the life, and Christ is the answer to his need. Christ governs everything. Job came to see that there is life beyond, a life triumphant over death, and now he is at rest. In the forty-second chapter we find Job as a man who has come through the storms. His heart is at rest and his problems are solved: "Now mine eye seeth thee."

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

11/9/21

The Great Daysman

Then there is another point. Job's friends were accusing him of sin; Satan, through those friends, was acting as the accuser. In himself Job was not sure and he longed for assurance. On the other hand, it looked as if God had a controversy with him, as if something had gone wrong. His friends could not help him, and Job cried for a daysman to stand between the opposing sides, for such a man who could come in between to see that both sides had fair play and that all got their rights: a man who had no personal interests, neither on one side nor on the other.

We know our New Testament well enough to see that Jesus Christ has become that great Daysman. He is the great mediator. In 1 Timothy 2:5 we read: "For there is one God, one mediator also between God and men, himself man, Christ Jesus." Christ answers Job's need and is the One who will see that there is fair play on both sides.

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/9/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

We must remember that Satan was God's instrument and he was not doing this independently of God.

Yes. Satan is God's ugly tool. He was being used as a tool to accomplish the work of God which was to tear Job down and rebuild him with Himself. "Now my eye has seen you." To see God is to gain God. Instead of a good man, Job became a God-man.

PAULFROMNYS

11/9/21

Fred said:   Instead of a good man, Job became a God-man.

AMEN, vivla differance  :)   Objectively men seek GOD, or at the very least make their assessment of Him.  Objectively this may produce a great variance of how men walk in His presence.  Then, through the gospel our experience with GOD becomes subjective, and the natural man cannot understand(((John 14:19))).

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/9/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

Then, through the gospel our experience with GOD becomes subjective, and the natural man cannot understand(((John 14:19))).

Exactly brother. The Spirit makes the objective facts our subjective experience. God is not a doctrine, He is the true and living One. Eternal life is not to build your tent on your doctrinal viewpoint, it to know this One. Praise the Lord. I heard about Him with the hearing of the ear, now my eye has seen Him. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!! O, how I love Jesus!!!!

John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Him whom You have sent, Jesus Christ.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him.