Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

College Degree? (See next post for de...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Aug-10 by WALTER784; 8717 views.
WALTER784

Aug-13

Showtalk said...

Schools have one job. To teach children knowledge they need to get by in life. Math. Reading. History.  Science If they can’t do that, they are useless.

Yep... and our education system has failed our students.

I say defund the education department... NOT the police!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-13

K-12 public education needs a full revamp.

WALTER784

Aug-13

Showtalk said...

K-12 public education needs a full revamp.

Scrap and rebuild would be quicker and easier

Fire everybody... and screen new teachers with special preference for ex-military personnel.

Ensure those teachers are fully aware of our History and our Constitution (which is the backbone of our country). Ensure pride for our country and respect for our flag are taught properly. Ex-military are already familiar with these things.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-13

That is what education was like when I was a child except most teachers were women.

WALTER784

Aug-13

Showtalk said...

That is what education was like when I was a child except most teachers were women.

Me too... now that I think about it, I think about 80% of the teachers were women and 20% were men.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-13

There were men teachers in high school.

WALTER784

Aug-13

Showtalk said...

There were men teachers in high school.

My elementary teachers were all women, but in Jr. High and High school, there were men teachers too.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-14

My children also had men teachers after 5th grade.

Alfi (THIALFI)

Aug-14

Many. Of grades 1-8, only Grade 7 was a man. In my 4 years of high school, English was 3M/2W, math was 3M/1W, sciences were 7M, history was 3M/1W, language was 2W. 

Showtalk
Host

Aug-14

You took a lot of science.  All men?