About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 4th 2020   General Chit-Chat

Started Jul-4 by Eve1973; 229 views.
Eve1973

Jul-4

Good morning everyone! 

Starting my day with NOT ONE PUFF EVER! It’s already been a tough morning and wanted to start this so I have to hold myself accountable! 

Very odd holiday weekend for people in the U.S. so please be safe and know we are STRONGER TOGETHER is all aspects of life!

Who will be next to join me?

Iquit22718

Jul-4

My turn to NOPE. Feeling a bit stronger today and reading, reading and more reading. Have a great 4th of July all. 

modanjim

Jul-4

Hi Eve,

Thanks for posting the start of NOPE day.   I take your hand and pledge NOPE with you. 

Hope your day becomes a little easier.

Dealing with these 1st (holidays with no smoking)  , the summer season and the pandemic  can be tricky on the psychological end of the addiction.  All we can do is take one day at a time.

We all can do this!!!   Stay safe and Not One Puff Ever!    

Who will join us today?

Maureen

04/15/20

TinyBadger

Jul-4

I pledge nope today! Who wants to take my hand and pledge with us?

candrew

Jul-4

Hello Eve -

How are you doing? I hope your quit is going ok, I  tried  5  times in the past 6 months and still could not stay quit. I am very disappointed in myself. My attitude was excellent before I did my first quit. I read everything I could get my hands on. Took online courses including Allen Carr  The State of Florida and other self-help venues.

I am almost fearful to try again. It sucks to know that I will always have this addiction (to a degree). How are you doing  with your addiction thing? It's a tough one but I know that I can lick it. Cigarettes will no longer have a place in my life 

Andrew 

Jpatrick1996

Jul-4

NOPE for me!

Patrick

Quit - July 16th, 2019

Eve1973

Jul-4

Hey Andrew, welcome back! I am happy say I’m a little over 5months smoke free. 

Everyday has had its challenges and I’m still plugging along. Today is definitely one of those challenges where I wish I could pull the blanket over my head and wake up tomorrow.

How are you doing? What day are you on? I know you definitely want to quit, and it is hard. I have faith in you that one of these quits will be it! Many people try several times before doing it! I am still skeptical and am guarding my quit with everything I have. They say after a year you may feel that peace......I’m really really hoping that it’s true! 

euknight

Jul-4

Right there with you, Eve.  

Who will join us today in pledging Not One Puff Ever??

Be safe and smoke free All!!

Peggy

5-8-20

Jatchat

Jul-4

I will pledge NOPE today and invite others to join us

Kind regards

Anthony 9w

livtoswim

Jul-5

Hi Andrew,

I definately understand what your going through.  I am a chronic quitter myself.  

I have a couple sites I go to.  I recommend this one of course but also MyQuitCoach.com is also a really good one.  It's a tappering method.  Check it out.  It puts you in control to make your own quit plan.   You can lick this. Never stop trying.