Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Technology News   Science

Started 8/29/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 12310 views.
BerrySteph

May-28

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Richard Branson's Virgin Orbit fails in its first attempt to launch a rocket carried by a Boeing 747 over the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Southern California.

Strange failure that. One would have thought that rocket ignition was very well understood by now.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

May-28

Apparently it was the weather.

BerrySteph

May-28

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

What you need to know about SpaceX's postponed launch to the International Space Station The long-hyped NASA-SpaceX launch has been put on hold due to the risk of lightning strike. So what happens now?

"We don't have the ability to stop the countdown and wait five minutes, because the liquid oxygen starts wiring up from 340 degrees below zero in the ground system and that changes how much performance you get carrying into orbit and we don't want to cut into those margins," Mr Bridenstine explained.

In reply toRe: msg 66
BerrySteph

May-29

Tell us about this moon-shot that came so close to succeeding but you don't plan to do again.

Di (amina046)

Jun-6

Chinese AI smart glasses check temperature of hundreds of people in minutes to help identify coronavirus cases

The devices, reportedly made by a Chinese technology start-up called Rokid, are worn by security staff at Hongyuan Park, a part of the Xixi Wetland preserve in Hangzhou city.

CC to CzoeMCkatiek2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Are you hearing the James Bond theme in your head too?

Di (amina046)

Jun-8

LOL yes I do!! I saw it in action on TV and it seeemed amazing.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Another step towards the dystopian future.

Di (amina046)

Jul-5

Someone will find a way to hack it! Seems to me that substituting 2 guards is not impressive.