Etcetera -  National Parks senior pass (86 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe
From: The Moth (Cecropian)Jul-10 6:19 PM 
To: All  (1 of 6) 

If you are 62 years old or older, you can purchase a lifetime National Parks pass for $10.  If you order online or by mail, there is a $10 handling fee.  If you are thinking of buying one, do it soon.  The price is set to go up to $80 on August 28.

 Reply   Options 

From: MerlinsDad Posted by hostJul-11 8:45 AM 
To: The Moth (Cecropian)  (2 of 6) 
 1093.2 in reply to 1093.1 

That's a terrific perk for having grown old.  We purchased one several years ago at Point Park in Chattanooga.



From: The Moth (Cecropian)Jul-11 8:31 PM 
To: MerlinsDad  (3 of 6) 
 1093.3 in reply to 1093.2 

What a deal, eh?  I've been piggybacking on my brother's pass when we go on our camping adventures, but I am getting my own now before the price increase.  The USGS is so overwhelmed with requests that it'll take 9-12 weeks to receive it.


From: MerlinsDad Posted by hostJul-11 10:24 PM 
To: The Moth (Cecropian)  (4 of 6) 
 1093.4 in reply to 1093.3 

Yes, it is.  I'm glad to know that the Park Service is behind in filling requests.  It means a lot of old geezers are going to be seeing our national parks practically for nothing.



From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-20 12:15 PM 
To: The Moth (Cecropian)  (5 of 6) 
 1093.5 in reply to 1093.3 

Go to a participating park and get it at the gate, so to speak.  I hope they have not canceled the get it at a park system, very convenient.

Funny story; I got mine a few years ago at the Ocala National Forest Umatilla ranger station, I was initially refused as I did not present a valid ID, it was only a US Passport.  Funny in a not so funny way, the girl at the counter, in all honesty, did not think that was a valid ID, she insisted on State driver license or other listed picture ID, not including a Military ID.  Seems the list of vaild ID's did not include US Passports and, as usual, did NOT accept a military ID as one can have one and NOT be a citizen.


USCG Engineer 1961-1982

From: The Moth (Cecropian)Jul-20 9:54 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (6 of 6) 
 1093.6 in reply to 1093.5 

Yes, you can get one at a park and you don't have to pay the $10 service fee.  The problem for me is that there are no national parks close by and I'm not sure I'll be in a national park before the deadline.  So I just went ahead and did it online.

In addition, Canada is celebrating its 150th anniversary by offering a free pass to its national parks.  You can order the pass online.

Can't you have a drivers license and not be a citizen?  Come to think of it, I had to scan and upload my drivers license in order to get my seniors national park pass.


First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.