Etcetera -  Happy Halloween! (115 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 6) 

It was so much fun handing out candy to all the trick or treaters!  They were all wearing layers under their costumes because the temp was in the low 40's.  Brrrrr...

Had a couple University of Michigan students collecting cans for a food drive.

Reply   Options 

To: The Moth (Cecropian)  (2 of 6) 
 1308.2 in reply to 1308.1 

I am so glad to hear that you were mobile enough to hand out the treats and enjoy the costumes. It was cold here too. I worked so I missed it. But I remember when I was a kid tricker-treating in the snow. And also unseasonably warm temps. You just never know. 

To: niteowl410  (3 of 6) 
 1308.3 in reply to 1308.2 

Just watching all the kids having such a good time made most of the pain just melt away.  What a blast!  :-)

I remember taking the kids trick or treating when the kids were little.  Sometimes the weather was just miserable (snow, cold, windy) but it didn't matter to them.  There was candy to be had!

That was at the time there was a lot of paranoia about people sticking sharp objects into candy so I had to check everything first before they could eat it.

To: The Moth (Cecropian)  (4 of 6) 
 1308.4 in reply to 1308.3 

Yes, I remember the lady on the corner had the best popcorn balls. I remember when all the home made goodies came to an end too. 

To: niteowl410  (5 of 6) 
 1308.5 in reply to 1308.4 

Oh yes, homemade goodies were verboten back then.  Still are, I think.  I also remember that all the local police agencies had stations set up where you could take your candy to get X-rayed.

To: The Moth (Cecropian)  (6 of 6) 
 1308.6 in reply to 1308.1 

I worked late Tuesday (and stopped at the grocery on the way home), so I missed the trick'rtreaters. Glad you were able to hand out the goodies and enjoy the costumes,

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.