NelleyPen

Poetry Playpen

Hosted by NelleyPen

If you are not into writing or POETRY lifestyle you will be bored here...

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Language Diversity    Discussions

Started Aug-15 by NelleyPen; 925 views.
StatsChew

Aug-20

It's great that you aren't British,  blush

... because there's a guy on D-Forums, a self-proclaimed ''teacher, a Scottish national living in Spain,'' with a hardcore honesty and feeling with a poignant obligation to correct everyone's grammar and typo everywhere... 

GonghisKhan

Aug-21

I don't think APH0rism will be back, no matter what we do or say. It's more about the huge numbers of emails she gets from unknown senders. ... and she isn't alone.

How personal 'privacy gets exposed to hackers that send hundreds of email a day is beyond my comprehension.

GonghisKhan

Aug-21

I think both sides should open their minds that there's more than BRITISH or American tongues on this planet.

More countries other than Britain and America have the English language mastered.

WIKI

The United Kingdom, the United States, Australia and New Zealand, where the overwhelming majority of native English speakers reside, do not have English as an official language de jure, but English is considered to be their de facto official language due to its dominant position in these countries.

japanese_ogre

Obezlix

Aug-21

Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof!! horse

Das isch huere geil!!

Merci Vilmal!

In reply toRe: msg 1
GonghisKhan

Aug-24

One word to describe Americanism?  blush

By choice; your pick because that's what they want to be:

Snowflaker; tyrannizer; intimidater; tormenter; browbeat!!

Dot_hoe

Aug-25

You forgot to add LIBERALISM near snowflakes!

heart_eyes

Lana (Redneckbab1)

Aug-25

The phrase I’ve watched seep into the language (especially with broadcasters) is “two-time” and “three-time.”

Have the words double, triple, etc., been totally lost?

joy

By all means, that was amusing!! !heart_eyes

Social media has made these American words globally accepted!!

The moron that went out of his way to EDIT Andrew Marvell's poem was done this to tick everyone off as I can seeit right here ......

.....NEVER mind that specific moronic behavior every bully has done all over!!!