New England Riders

Hosted by Easy Ed (epconde)

The NER is a group of motorcyclists that self organize in this forum and a Facebook Group to ride and have fun with other riders. We are an inclusive group - all motorcycle brands are welcome. It is not a club – no dues, membership, or officers.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Racing Trivia   General Topics

Started by oldstonejim; 474549 views.
oldstonejim

11/21/04

Tim, that was Max Biaggi, back in 94  I think, pretty sure it was suzuka.

Jim,

Max didn't race a 500 until the '98 season.

Who won only one race on a 500 and was hated for it...what year, track, Team, and the reason he was hated?

Is he still racing, if so....where?

oldstonejim

11/22/04

I'll trust you on the date, Tim But it was suzuka and Max

Now I can only name a few 1 winner in 500's,  Chili, Magge,crafar,sarron but I cant remember why one of those would have been hated. Im sure theres more back in the day.

I hope its not the peoples champion " chili "

I'll guess Magge, cause I believe he won on the Lucky strike suzuki, but its just a guess.

Jim,

A newbie on the Honda back then...was Darryl Beattie who won a pole on his first try, but you also can't forget the first race in '94 at Suzuka Noriuki Abe when he blew everyone away only to crash near the end in turn 1.  Yamaha signed him in less than a month.

Jim,

Yup it's PFC.  It was '89 on the HB Honda at Spa.  They had the riders boycott due to safety concerns not met made worse by the weather.  PFC didn't want to race but the HB team forced him to make up points.

Also he's suppose to be back in 05 on a Kawi in WSB (his Ducati team is suppose to go to Kawi, not confirmed yet)....all at the ripe age of 41.

Always liked him...he's a passion rider.

oldstonejim

11/22/04

http://www.ferracci.com/2002ferracci/photo_gallery/photo13_800.jpg

Tim, thats a good story, I forgot all about that, but now after you brought it up I remember it happening, but I would have never remembered who won. Your good.

Click on the link , can you name the riders?  Should be easy

Jim,

#21 Pascal Picotte

#19 Freddie Spencer

Year 1995  The last race (Daytona) Ferracci ran the 851/888 model.

Name all the American riders who won WSB titles, what years and what model bike.

• Edited 11/23/2004 4:58 am ET by Pure Lunacy (lunatictim)
oldstonejim

11/23/04

Well there certainly enough of them over the years, Ill give it a try but i might screw up some dates and rides

88-89 Flying fred on purple rc30 ( love that bike)

91-92 My man Doug Polen on a duck 851 or maybe 888?

Then foggy for a few years with corser mixed in there somewhere ( I got a corser helmet love it )

97 or 98 Bad boy John K on a honda???

Now I know Edwards ( texas tornado ) won 2 ( I think ) both on a honda I'll guess 00-02

SADDLEBUM (KBETTEN)

11/23/04

Any chance I could convince you to use larger type, Jim. These old eyes are having a tough time reading small green print! <G>
oldstonejim

11/23/04

LOL Keith,

Hey your the one that told me how to do all this extra stuff,