New England Riders

Hosted by Easy Ed (epconde)

The NER is a group of motorcyclists that self organize in this forum and a Facebook Group to ride and have fun with other riders. We are an inclusive group - all motorcycle brands are welcome. It is not a club – no dues, membership, or officers.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Racing Trivia   General Topics

Started by oldstonejim; 473848 views.
SADDLEBUM (KBETTEN)

11/23/04

Any chance I could convince you to use larger type, Jim. These old eyes are having a tough time reading small green print! <G>
oldstonejim

11/23/04

LOL Keith,

Hey your the one that told me how to do all this extra stuff,

Jim.

Your real close and started out strong, but forgot a few.

88 & 89 Fred Merkel, Honda RC30 (I had a chance to buy a leftover in 93)

91 & 92 Doug polen, 851/888/955 Ducati

93 Scott Ru$$ell, Kawasaki ZX-7R (I owned a 93 ZX-7, which I also crashed)

97 John Kocinski, Honda RC45 (used to have a Kocinski rep helmet)

00 & 02 Colin Edwards, Honda RC51

oldstonejim

11/23/04

Oh, I forgot Russell, damit, I never liked him anyways, Mr Daytona, He had a brief ride on Lucky strike, didnt he?

My wife wears a John K helmet, Im starting to collect replica helmets, these are the ones on my list that Im looking for, maybe you can help

Kevin Schwartz one with star on back, yeah I know everyone wants one

Adamo Red,White,Green

And the rarest, a Bieffie ( sp?) Max Biaggi only made one year it was chrome.Really cool looking.

My wife and I are retiring our Corser and John K helmets this winter, she wants the sun/moon rossi, and I havent decided what I want, maybe a Duhamel shoei

SADDLEBUM (KBETTEN)

11/24/04

- Hey your the one that told me how to do all this extra stuff,  -

May I introduce you to the BOLD button (B), Sir? <G>

Jim,

Yea Russell quit Muzzy mid 95 to go to lucky strike (the broken foot incident) and had a full year in 96 before getting sacked....unlike you, I liked his style.

Hey, I got a Biaggi rep, but it's his 97 AGV chartreuse (sic) scheme.

OK, what New England bike dealer made it to the international bike racing scene through the TransAtlantic series?

oldstonejim

11/24/04

Tim, can you snap a photo of that helmet and post it,or if you know of a link with a photo of it.

I have no idea about the new england dealer, before you put me to shame with the answer, can you give me a hint, like the racer.

Msg 4108.47 deleted

Jimmy,

Send your mailing addy to me, I will send you a holiday gift!

Send to: lunatictim@verizon.net

Don't get impatient, it's gonna take time.....to hell with ya, I hope I put your stomach in knots due to anticipation!

• Edited 11/24/2004 7:25 pm ET by Pure Lunacy (lunatictim)
oldstonejim

11/24/04

Damm, I wish I copied some of those match races.....Hmm....Now you got me thinking I should know this....the pressure...Im tempted to cheat...but I'll keep thinking...Eric can you help?

I sent you my addy, I cant believe your sending me a gift......BTW...my John K helmet is different and thats not the Biaggi Im looking for.  Did you ever see the one Im talking about?

I have a another ?, I dont know this one,  Back in mid 80's there was a motorcycle racing movie that had some scene filmed on the top of Mt Wachussett, the story was about 2 brothers that built their own GP racing bike and brought it over to Europe.  I think it came out in 86-87.  Any Idea the name?