New England Riders

Hosted by Easy Ed (epconde)

The NER is a group of motorcyclists that self organize in this forum and a Facebook Group to ride and have fun with other riders. We are an inclusive group - all motorcycle brands are welcome. It is not a club – no dues, membership, or officers.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Racing Trivia   General Topics

Started by oldstonejim; 474545 views.

Jim.

Your real close and started out strong, but forgot a few.

88 & 89 Fred Merkel, Honda RC30 (I had a chance to buy a leftover in 93)

91 & 92 Doug polen, 851/888/955 Ducati

93 Scott Ru$$ell, Kawasaki ZX-7R (I owned a 93 ZX-7, which I also crashed)

97 John Kocinski, Honda RC45 (used to have a Kocinski rep helmet)

00 & 02 Colin Edwards, Honda RC51

oldstonejim

11/23/04

Oh, I forgot Russell, damit, I never liked him anyways, Mr Daytona, He had a brief ride on Lucky strike, didnt he?

My wife wears a John K helmet, Im starting to collect replica helmets, these are the ones on my list that Im looking for, maybe you can help

Kevin Schwartz one with star on back, yeah I know everyone wants one

Adamo Red,White,Green

And the rarest, a Bieffie ( sp?) Max Biaggi only made one year it was chrome.Really cool looking.

My wife and I are retiring our Corser and John K helmets this winter, she wants the sun/moon rossi, and I havent decided what I want, maybe a Duhamel shoei

SADDLEBUM (KBETTEN)

11/24/04

- Hey your the one that told me how to do all this extra stuff,  -

May I introduce you to the BOLD button (B), Sir? <G>

Jim,

Yea Russell quit Muzzy mid 95 to go to lucky strike (the broken foot incident) and had a full year in 96 before getting sacked....unlike you, I liked his style.

Hey, I got a Biaggi rep, but it's his 97 AGV chartreuse (sic) scheme.

OK, what New England bike dealer made it to the international bike racing scene through the TransAtlantic series?

oldstonejim

11/24/04

Tim, can you snap a photo of that helmet and post it,or if you know of a link with a photo of it.

I have no idea about the new england dealer, before you put me to shame with the answer, can you give me a hint, like the racer.

Msg 4108.47 deleted

Jimmy,

Send your mailing addy to me, I will send you a holiday gift!

Send to: lunatictim@verizon.net

Don't get impatient, it's gonna take time.....to hell with ya, I hope I put your stomach in knots due to anticipation!

• Edited 11/24/2004 7:25 pm ET by Pure Lunacy (lunatictim)
oldstonejim

11/24/04

Damm, I wish I copied some of those match races.....Hmm....Now you got me thinking I should know this....the pressure...Im tempted to cheat...but I'll keep thinking...Eric can you help?

I sent you my addy, I cant believe your sending me a gift......BTW...my John K helmet is different and thats not the Biaggi Im looking for.  Did you ever see the one Im talking about?

I have a another ?, I dont know this one,  Back in mid 80's there was a motorcycle racing movie that had some scene filmed on the top of Mt Wachussett, the story was about 2 brothers that built their own GP racing bike and brought it over to Europe.  I think it came out in 86-87.  Any Idea the name?

Jim,

My JK rep is the first gen helmet he had, it was a cross between Kenny Roberts helmet & his own, this was back in 90, 91, 92.

Yea I remeber the chrome one, then he went to AGV for a sponsor.  Have fun finding that one.

The only GP movie I remember is the 80 B flick "Silver Dream Racer".  Where a privateer Nick Freeman races an old TS and his brother (Greg) an engineer was making a gp bike but got killed, so his widow gave him the bike and he gets going and races it at Silverstone (it was taped at the 79 Silverstone GP, a recovered Suzuki, which was also the first race for the NR500).  Beau Bridges was the american superstar in the show.

Oh yea, I've got that!

I've got the new GP flick Faster also.

Tell me what your looking for for 80's races, I got some stuff.  I've got over 4,000 hours of race stuff.

oldstonejim

11/24/04

Hey I think that is the movie, and they re- released it in 86 on VHS.  That sounds like the same story, I cant believe they would make a remake of that classic film..lol

My wifes JK helmet is the bell, its gotta be at least 10years old, maybe older.

Earlier in this post I went searching for my old vhs tapes, I have a feeling they ended up in the dumpster with the 20boxes of old mags. :( 

Im still searching, and thinking, you got me thinking its a trick ?  like maybe its not a racer I should be thinking about but maybe a tuner or owner....hmmm