New England Riders

Hosted by Easy Ed (epconde)

The NER is a group of motorcyclists that self organize in this forum and a Facebook Group to ride and have fun with other riders. We are an inclusive group - all motorcycle brands are welcome. It is not a club – no dues, membership, or officers.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Racing Trivia   General Topics

Started by oldstonejim; 497940 views.

Keith,

I take it John is a relative?

Jim,

Ok, name the last privateer to win a AMA superbike race.  What year, make, who's was main his sponsor & what were they known for?

I helped sponsor him the year he won....I must be a good luck charm...LOL!

SADDLEBUM (KBETTEN)

11/27/04

- I take it John is a relative? -

Ahh, I wish. Actually, Dick ran Bettencourt's Honda out of Attleboro when I lived in Seekonk, the next town over. John got involved in the business and they relocated to Bridgewater where my older son now lives. So even though we are not immediately related, I feel we are at least related by close proximity! <BG>

I have spent many an hour at Bettencourt's Honda in both towns and we are probably related in the distant past as both of our ancestors come from Pico, a tiny island in the Portuguese Azores.

The upside of this all is... I get cool Tee Shirts with my name on them! <G>

oldstonejim

11/27/04

Tim, You are the master, your answer on Bubba was awesome, I forgot all about the accident Magee had the next year.  wanst it even at the same point in the track where bubba ran into him?

Where you a Teenage ninja turtle fan back in 93, I was I loved dale quarterly on his Kawi

I hope Im right, I do remember some Italian dude winning 2 races in 96 or 97  on a duc, his name was something like alex grammi, but im guessing he was a factory racer brought over to replace corser or someone else.

JB (JAMESB121)

11/27/04

<<I get cool Tee Shirts with my name on them!>>

Are the photos the same ones posted in the Post Office? LOL

-JB

oldstonejim

11/27/04

By all mean keith, if you know the answer chime in, Tim is good, I need all the help I can get.

Here's one that might get him.

What was special about the bike that won the 94 500gp title, no other bike on the paddock had this? 

Jim,

I'm not awesome, just remember the stupid little details which can drag out a conversation....pisses Kimi off.

Yup, it was Mirage Studios which did as you said "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", I sponsored Dale 1/4ley through the Roadracing World thing they had going.....matter of fact my riding lawn mower has the sponsor decals on it.  Another strange fact...his race # is 32.....that's how old he was when he won at Mid-Ohio in 93, plus he beat Muzzy factory rider in points (2nd)....that didn't set well.

Yup, it was in the same place as the incident.

Yea, Alex Grammini won 3 races on the duc in 96 (which I have)....I forgot who he replaced on the FBF team (so he was a factory rider).

Jim,

Due to Mick Doohans injuries to his left leg in 92, his ankle had limited strength & movement so he couldn't use the rear brake right, so he couldn't help back it into the corners the way he use to.....so they came up with a left side thumb operated brake lever.....became the rage shortly after, only a few racers use it now.

Also during the same period they were tryin FI with water injection to subdue detonation.

Who, what track, year & what bike broke the 200mph barrier in 500 GP's?

• Edited 11/28/2004 3:10 am ET by Pure Lunacy (lunatictim)
ERIC5061

11/27/04

I know this one.

Elmer Trett was the first motorcycle racer to pass 200 mph after being clocked at 201.43 at the NHRA U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis in 1983 on a Kawasaki.

- Eric