New England Riders

Hosted by Easy Ed (epconde)

The NER is a group of motorcyclists that self organize in this forum and a Facebook Group to ride and have fun with other riders. We are an inclusive group - all motorcycle brands are welcome. It is not a club – no dues, membership, or officers.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tourers' Assistant Database - Sign up!   General Topics

Started by SaddleTramp (kd1jt); 13292 views.
Bob (GoldWingBob1)
Staff

8/12/05

Denny, thank you for taking the initiative on this.  I think it is a great for NER to be associated with the MTF Tourers' Assistant program.  I plan on signing up and will include NER in my listing as you suggested.

Oh, just one question - who is the good looking guy in the picture on your listing?  LOL

SaddleTramp (kd1jt)
Staff

8/12/05

I think that's a file photo of Chuck Norris ... grin!
Buzz (buzzvstar)

8/12/05

Hi Todd,

I just signed up but I forgot to add the NER in the profile, can I add it later ?

drtryan

8/12/05

You could but I added it to the profile already.

You're already verified.  You can send a picture to post also if you want to be like Denny!!!

Magilla (99olivecrmT)
Staff

8/12/05

Once todd has verified you are REALLY BigDawgBuzz you can go into the site and change your profile or anything you like. I only know cuz I just did it:)
Buzz (buzzvstar)

8/12/05

you changed my profile : )

Does it now say willing to assist great looking woman in need ????

SADDLEBUM (KBETTEN)

8/13/05

I've been a participant since its inception,

Me too (under the handle, BlackMagic).

In reply toRe: msg 1
SaddleTramp (kd1jt)
Staff

8/13/05

Just a reminder ... the following characters must be added to the name or nickname fields in order to work for a searching out NERds ... it should be entered exactly like this :  (NER)   ... the reason it should be exact is to filter out names such as Wagner, that contain "ner" in them.  Including the parentheses makes the string unique (ok, I'm talking computerese here, sorry).

One benefit is that this also becomes a New England Riders registry ... not just for emergency access, but for anyone who wants to contact another NERd.  Members need not offer any services, but simply be listed in the database, too.  Way cool.  Without much trouble the data can be downloaded and then imported into cell phone, PDA's, or even an offline database on your PC.

Right now, these members might consider changing their MTFTA profiles adding (NER) in the name fields ...

Buzz
Richard (mvbreakaway)
Keith
FJ Gary
Fred
Pat (RockyNH)
Richard (LDPenguin)
Susan (RKSue)
Paul (snappa)

Buzz (buzzvstar)

8/13/05

Thanks Denny,

I just updated and it works great.

Bob (GoldWingBob1)
Staff

8/15/05

Just signed up.  Now I gotta get validated.  :-)