The Stupid, It Burns -  Trump passes classified to Russians (160 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 10) 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/ar-BBBaWuJ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

Reply   Options 

To: DigYourGig  (2 of 10) 
 44909.2 in reply to 44909.1 

Might be intentional so maybe I posted this in the wrong folder.

To: Mort15 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 10) 
 44909.3 in reply to 44909.1 

That is treason, passing confidential info to an adversary. Maybe to Trump the Russians are allies, but to Europe and the industrialized nations they are not. I suspect his action was intentional. The CIA and NSA should now refrain from giving Trump any sensitive info. Not that that would be legal, but certainly much safer for US security.

To: Knotpicky (RUTA)  (4 of 10) 
 44909.4 in reply to 44909.3 

I certainly hope he know longer gets security briefings and is tried for treasonous acts.

To: Mort15 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 10) 
 44909.5 in reply to 44909.4 

Yes, I want him tried for treason, and possibly money laundering if that comes to light. I don't want him impeached; I want him tried on these criminal charges.

To: Mort15 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 10) 
 44909.6 in reply to 44909.1 

Trump has completely sold us out to the Russians.

To: Knotpicky (RUTA)  (7 of 10) 
 44909.7 in reply to 44909.3 

That's funny. I seem to remember Trump and the Republicans wanted to "lock her up" for "mishandling classified information." That seems like it was ages ago.

To: DigYourGig  (8 of 10) 
 44909.8 in reply to 44909.7 

Yep, that struck me too. Oh, but of course it's okay for a Republican to blab all sorts of top secret stuff to Russians! GOP hypocrisy knows no bounds.

To: Knotpicky (RUTA)  (9 of 10) 
 44909.9 in reply to 44909.8 

It's interesting to note how first the Russians brag about getting the intel from Trump, then to defend Trump they deny he gave it to them.

Kremlin news agency that was in the Oval Office for Trump-Russia meeting brags to Russians about leaked intel

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/kremlin-news-agency-that-was-in-the-oval-office-for-trump-russia-meeting-brags-to-russians-about-leaked-intel/

Tass, a news agency owned by the Russian government, reported on Tuesday that President Donald Trump likely passed highly classified information to Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak.

In a Russian-language report on Tuesday that pointed to The Washington Post‘s original reporting, Tass said that Trump talked “in detail about the new threat posed by the [Islamic State], involving the use of laptops on flights.”

Another report intended for English-speaking audiences insisted that The Washington Post report “was another attempt to exert pressure on the new US administration and make deals related to various political appointments and lobbying.”

To: DigYourGig  (10 of 10) 
 44909.10 in reply to 44909.9 

The use of lap top bombs is information every country should be given.   The only problem is about the source which the evidence indicates was not disclosed. 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.