Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Steve Bannon calls Trump Tower meeting "treasonous"   Politics

Started 1/3/18 by DigYourGig; 173 views.
DigYourGig
Host

1/3/18

Steve Bannon called the 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Trump campaign officials and a Russian lawyer purportedly offering damaging information about Hillary Clinton "treasonous," according to a new book obtained by The Guardian.

The book, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" by Michael Wolff, is based on hundreds of interviews, including ones with President Trump and his inner circle. According to the Guardian, Bannon addressed the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Donald Trump Jr., then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort, Jared Kushner and Russian operatives that was arranged when Trump Jr. agreed to meet a "Russian government attorney" after receiving an email offering him "very high level and sensitive information" that would "incriminate" Clinton.
In reply toRe: msg 1
DigYourGig
Host

1/3/18

My take is that Bannon is laying the groundwork to make Don Jr. the single fall guy for Russian collusion.

Snick1946

1/3/18

At heart, Bannon is a hard core anti Semite. This may be an effort to jettison Jared Kushner and dispel the 'Internationalists' (anyone not a Neo Nazi) from the administration.   

DigYourGig
Host

1/3/18

And, as expected, Trump has unloaded on his former top strategist. Now, Bannon was nothing more than a "staffer."

The White House released the 266-word statement from the President slamming Bannon after excerpts from a new book quoted Bannon as calling the meeting with a Russian lawyer the President's eldest son attended in the summer 2016 at Trump Tower alongside Jared Kushner and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort "treasonous."
"Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating 17 candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party," Trump said in the statement.