Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fire and Fury   Politics

Started Jan-5 by DigYourGig; 173 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Jan-5

Michael Wolff is an asshole, but he's also a good reporter. I don't doubt that he's reporting accurately what these people told him. Granted, those people could be full of shit as well, but that doesn't mean Wolff is lying or has their quotes wrong.

"I work like every journalist works so I have recordings, I have notes," Wolff said. "I am certainly and absolutely in every way comfortable with everything I’ve reported in this book."

In reply toRe: msg 1
DigYourGig
Host

Jan-5

In reply toRe: msg 2
DigYourGig
Host

Jan-8

When lawyers for Donald Trump sent the publisher of "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" a cease-and-desist demand, the CEO of Macmillan sent a memo to employees explaining why he decided to not only resist the intimidation but move up the publishing date. It is a stirring defense of free speech.

We cannot stand silent. We will not allow any president to achieve by intimidation what our Constitution precludes him or her from achieving in court. We need to respond strongly for Michael Wolff and his book, but also for all authors and all their books, now and in the future. And as citizens we must demand that President Trump understand and abide by the First Amendment of our Constitution.

Read the full memo here: https://apnews.com/5a0b7ee4d4f0450bbfc909498abfa141/Transcript-of-letter-from-'Fire-and-Fury'-publisher