MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another one bites the dust   Politics

Started 1/10/18 by DigYourGig; 243 views.
DigYourGig
Host

1/10/18

Darrell Issa joins an ever-lengthening list of Republican lawmakers jumping off the sinking ship in the face of a massive Democratic wave in 2018.

In reply toRe: msg 1
DigYourGig
Host

1/10/18

Knotpicky (RUTA)

1/10/18

I hope a lot of Democrats do get elected, and gain control of the House and Senate. We need adults in charge of government!

DigYourGig
Host

1/10/18

It'll be hard to get over the hurdles of Republican gerrymandering and voter suppression efforts, as well as increased interference from Russia in our electoral process.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

1/10/18

We can get over the hurdles if Republican voters wake up and act responsibly, voting for Democrats. I'm not holding my breath; Republican voters are as cowardly as Republican politicians and put party above the nation.

Tha'ts the problem. They vote "values" even though the pols they are voting for don't have values.  I know far to many people who voted for a particular politician because that pol knew the right words to say.  "I'm anti abortion" find out mistress had abortion paid for by pol.  "I've family values" on third or fourth wife  "I'm against equality" caught in bathroom/hotel room/ etc with same sex pro.    These same morons vote against their own self interests because they are told to by their preacher or they just don't want someone to have what they themselves (perceive themselves) of not having.

BlueMoon67

1/23/18

This should be interesting. There are a few others I'd like to see gone as well, particularly Walters and Royce. The time might be right for this, because some of the cities that these people represent were formerly red, and have now turned blue, and Repubs are not going to have an easy time of it. 

BlueMoon67

1/23/18

Here's one of the candidates for a seat currently held by Royce (whom I do not like and would like to see voted out):

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/meet-doctor-challenging-one-congress-longest-serving-republicans-n805831