MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trump's racism couldn't be more out in the open   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started 1/11/18 by DigYourGig; 333 views.
DigYourGig
Host

1/11/18

In reply toRe: msg 1
DigYourGig
Host

1/11/18

The White House pointedly has NOT denied Trump made the comments. It could be they think it'll play well with the base. They're right.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

1/11/18

The ever-shrinking base may well be down to white supremacists and Nazis now.

As for "shithole" countries, I think the US now qualifies as one. Health care down the drain, rich getting richer at the expense of working people, life expectancy dropping, maternal deaths at 3rd worlds levels, infant mortality at 3rd world levels.

In reply toRe: msg 4
DigYourGig
Host

1/12/18

Sen. Dick Durbin fired back at Trump for denying that he called Haiti and African countries “shithole countries,” saying Trump’s denials are “not true.”

“In the course of his comments, [Trump] said things that were hate-filled, vile and racist,” Durbin told reporters on Friday. “I cannot believe in this history of the White House, in that Oval Office, any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard our president speak yesterday.”

In reply toRe: msg 4
Knotpicky (RUTA)

1/12/18

I think it's a good idea, harder to deny he said something that's on video. Not that he doesn't already do that, deny what he's said even when it's been recorded. Empty threat, as usual for Donnie.

In reply toRe: msg 5
DigYourGig
Host

1/12/18

Former Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele said Friday that “the evidence is incontrovertible” that President Trump is a racist following his reported remarks on Haiti and African countries.

In an appearance on MSNBC’s “Live with Hallie Jackson,” Steele was asked if he thinks Trump is racist. “Yeah, I do,” Steele said. “At this point…the evidence is controvertible.”

In reply toRe: msg 7
DigYourGig
Host

1/13/18

Trump defended his vulgar comments in phone calls to friends.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

1/13/18

Trump is a racist shithole. A short history of Haiti:

TurkeyMaster

1/16/18

I cannot see inside of Trump's head, but his PATTERN of behavior and his PATTERN of speaking points to an elitist, narrow-nminded bigotry in general.   Not to mention the dishonesty.   Really.   I do not know how people can listen to Trump and not see a snake oil salesman.  

He may very well be racist, but if he is not, then he is something even worse. (or both)  Namely, someone who cares so little about anyone outside his tiny tribe, that he USES race bating only to get votes.   It's like saying that "I do not really think that knotpicky is a lying prostitute who killed her mother, but if it will help me to proclaim it as a fact publicly, then I will. "  Morally, it's hard to get much lower than that, and shows how totally selfish and amoral he is.    

I did not take time to read the article.  Does it mention that the percentage of Haiti immigrants we have taken in are MORE likely to have college degrees than a typical American from our 50 states?    Yes, Haiti has many poor, but once again, Trump sees the world in black and white and broad brushes everyone.  

And the people of Haiti and other American Caribbean islands STILL desperately need aid from Hurricane aid from Trump.   This is shameful.   Of course it's not because they are not voters or not white, but because they all have AIDS, and because Haiti is surrounded by water.   Obviously you cannot help someone surrounded by water.  I just hope that someday they will invent boats and planes.   So sad!