MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trumpers finally arrive at book-burning   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started 3/8/18 by DigYourGig; 712 views.
DigYourGig
Host

3/8/18

Trump supporters finally arrive at book-burning, something Nazis loved doing in Germany.

In reply toRe: msg 1
DigYourGig
Host

3/8/18

The Trumpers said, "Trump is going to get rid of you pieces of shit" and "YOUR genocide is coming!"

Anyone who knows anything about 20th-century history knows who that sounds like.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

3/8/18

Yep. White nationalists named themselves that, and not by coincidence. I'm not fond of the "neo-Nazi" label and prefer to call them plain Nazis. They're not new, their ideology is not new, it's same old Nazi.

DigYourGig
Host

3/8/18

They seem to forget that we beat them in the 1860s and the 1940s. I guess they need more of their asses kicked.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

3/8/18

Yes, apparently they do, but I hope this time we can do the ass-kicking in court and the ballot box. Much less bloody that way. <g>

Clothahump

3/11/18

Hmmm.....so the actions of one or two people mean that *everyone* who supports Trump is in favor of book burning?  I guess that means that everyone who supports Pelosi or Waters is an irrational whackjob as well, right?

And frankly, I think that whole video was staged.

DigYourGig
Host

3/11/18

But we're not talking about the actions of only "one or two people." Racists these days are feeling quite emboldened as we see more and more of these incidents.

And the video was staged? Oh, right, because no Trump supporter could ever be racist. Despite the constant attacks, the rise in hate crimes, the rise in racist incidents, the rise of far-right white supremacist groups, the racist shouts at Trump rallies, the physical assaults, and on and on.

Next, you'll be telling us that the white supremacist who ran down and killed a woman in Charlottesville was fake.

Patrick Rock (PFR291)

3/11/18

The problem with the book burnings, the neo-Nazi rallies, the open and virulent xenophobic, homophobic, and misogynistic hatred, etc. is that Trump supporters (like you, for example) do not immediately repudiate them.  These people are Trump supporters, and you are in bed with them.

The Right has always had a habit of attacking the Left by finding the most extreme behavior they can by someone on the fringe and telling the Left that THEY must apologize for it, like blaming President Obama for every one of Jeremiah Wright's most extreme statements.

It isn't so much fun when the shoe's on the other foot, is it?

In this particular case, it is highly relevant, because Trump himself will not repudiate these people, and has at times condoned them.  You are in bed with these people.  Own it.

Seems like the cry of "crisis actors" is a new right-wing excuse for everything.  Sad thing is that the right actually used to provoke and stage riots and demonstrations so that they could blame it on the left.  Projecting much here?

DigYourGig
Host

3/11/18

Right-wingers are projecting their own tactics against the left. Right-wingers, like the guy who held up the "Rape Melania" sign and tried to blame liberals, endorse and use these tactics, as did Hitler and the Nazis in their rise to power in the 1920s and early 30s.