Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Republicans mean when they call for liberals to be more "civil"   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started Jul-8 by DigYourGig; 214 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Jul-8

Sparks500

Jul-9

It has occurred to me that we are seeing McCarthyism reborn....

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Jul-9

I think you're right. But where is the Republican congresscritter who can stand up and say "have you no decency?" The GOP is the party of cowardice and corruption.

If it occurs to you that those vulgar Facebook comments from an assistant DA in San Berdoo presages a return of McCarthyism, I wonder what occurred to you when a Bernie Sanders fan shot Steve Scalise or when Peter Fonda tweeted that Trump's 12-year-old grandson should be put in a cage with pedophiles?

DigYourGig
Host

Jul-11

Ah, "Wataboutism"!

If you want to change the subject, start a new thread, son.

Unless you're trying to tell us that a retired actor tweeting stuff is the same as a government prosecutor making comments that illustrate he doesn't do his job fairly and puts people in jail. I'm sure you're not THAT stupid. At least, I hope so. But I've been disappointed before.

At any rate, don't derail threads, son. It's an old and very tired troll tactic, and I won't play.

[Off topic message removed]

DigYourGig
Host

Jul-12

Last warning: If you want to change the subject, start a new thread, troll.

In reply toRe: msg 7
6686L

Jul-12

RE :  THREATS  OF HARM AGAINST FEDERAL OFFICERS

The subject individual is a member of the Congress Of The United States.

It is a serious federal offense to make threats of harm against Federal officers.   She is clearly a federal officer.  I am unclear why the person making the threat has not already been charged and booked.  So much for being a country of law and order !

Let me qualify my remarks by noting I despise this woman and most everything she represents and advocates.  If I were in her district I would devote whatever resources in time and money I had available,  to get her out of federal service    However, I am an American citizen and so is she.   The idea of threatening harm on a fellow American for differences in political beliefs, no matter how great,  should be alien to any real American.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Knotpicky (RUTA)

Jul-12

6686L said:

The idea of threatening harm on a fellow American for differences in political beliefs, no matter how great, should be alien to any real American.

Tell that to Trump. Tell that to Ted Nugent. Tell that to all the RWNJs in Trump's administration.

Heh, back so soon after your flounce?

In reply toRe: msg 8
DigYourGig
Host

Jul-12

I thought you were leaving. I believed you.

I guess you lied about that.