Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Angry racist berates woman for wearing a Puerto Rico shirt   Racists & Gun Nuts

Started Jul-9 by DigYourGig; 258 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Jul-9

“If you’re an American citizen, why are you wearing that sh*t!” he yelled. “If you’re an American citizen, you should not be wearing that shirt in America!”

The man also informed her that “you’re not going to change us” and said that “the world is not going to change the United States of America — period!” (Cue the marching white supremacists chanting, "You will not replace us! Jews will not replace us!"

The woman repeatedly asked a nearby police officer to intervene and restrain the man as he followed her around — but the officer refused multiple times to intervene.

Hector442

Jul-9

Raw Story again fails to indicate where this incident occurred.

DigYourGig
Host

Jul-9

The Facebook video was reposted on a band page, but the owner of the page doesn't specify the original person who took the video. I don't doubt the video is real, but the owner of the page doesn't appear to have included the original source poster. It could be that person wishes to remain anonymous because of violent online comments and threats.

Hector442

Jul-9

If the source wanted to protect his anonymity, it would be nice if Raw Story posted a generic advisory that the location was being withheld by request of the source.

6686L

Jul-9

interesting problem - I love to wear "Puerto Rico' style shirts in the summer.   They are cool,  comfortable,  and have lots of pockets.

Let's see...over the years...well..only when I was a child, and before I had "hand-to-hand" combat training....people would hurt my feelings by making fun of what I was wearing or what I looked like at any given moment.

"Dirty jew"....####.....yid.....etc.   Then, in college...fell in with a gang....well...a sort of a gang that had me learn how to dig latrines,....pitch tents....service, load and fire the M-1, the BAR...the LMG....and yes..  give people some excellent reasons to consult with oral surgeons...….

Ahh..that "gang"......we all had to wear the same color clothing....( as in olive drab )…….taught me some little "tricks" to play on people who would call me names to my face.   Yeah...got to be expensive....the bail bond fees.. and jail food really sucks.......so I decided....maybe I could tolerate vulgar stupid nasty people as opposed to the expensive alternative.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Snick1946

Jul-10

The video linked to is awful;  I cannot get it to play. It keeps buffering, and there is no audio.  This often happens with Raw story, it's getting so I just move on when I see a  link to anything on it. 

I suspect this video isn't real. Just too many funny things with it. Not that it couldn't be, but until I can load and see it for myself I'm not spending time on this. 

• Edited July 10, 2018 10:50 am  by  Snick1946
DigYourGig
Host

Jul-10

It happened in Illinois.

Man caught on video harassing woman for wearing Puerto Rico T-shirt at park

An Illinois park officer was placed on desk duty after the video showed him failing to intervene when the woman asked for help

Snick1946

Jul-11

Thanks for the better link.  It's also on YouTube. 

This video is horrifying. This lady was there to help with a birthday party and this old oaf kept coming after her. Dumber than a  box of rocks; didn't know Puerto Rico is part of the US. Drunk as a skunk, it's a wonder he could stand up. And the cop...what was he thinking? I'd bet this guy would never have done this to a male her age. People like this are cowards and bullies. If he did that to my wife or daughter and the cop refused to assist, I'd probably have decked his wrinkled old ass.   

And a note to our resident passive aggressive troll; you're not funny. I know you do this stuff because it makes you feel like a giant amongst us Liberal pygmies but maybe you need to go post someplace where you'd be appreciated. Stormfront maybe. 

In reply toRe: msg 8
DigYourGig
Host

Jul-12