MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Her legacy   Culture & Society

Started Oct-4 by DigYourGig; 450 views.
Msg 47338.2 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 1
DigYourGig
Host

Oct-5

I realize how obsessed and freaked out you are by menstruating women (like Trump is), but you're trying to repeat Trump's lies about her testimony.

6686L

Oct-6

I apologize for failing to make my thoughts clear.   Who can doubt the pain and sincerity of Mrs. Ford.  Clearly she had some kind of traumatic experience with sex as a pubescent female.

I think you are confused in your belief that menstruation had any relevancy to her credibility.  She was quite clear that she'd gone swimming earlier that evening before going to a party where there were older boys who served alcohol.

I suggested elsewhere that a more thorough investigation would have included questioning her as to whether, at the time claimed, she had parents and/or some kind of legal guardian ("ward-of-the-court", etc).

She was clear she had no recollection of how she got to where she went swimming, later went to a party, or how she got home.    It is reasonable to assume at that age she was not an automobile operator.

But those in charge of her, if examined, may have some recollection as to when, where, and why she was being transported.  By failing to engage in what we call "thorough discovery"  we don't know, leaving her credibility as to that situation unresolved.

As to Judge Kavanaugh's credibility,  I am far more concerned with how he responded under questioning by Senator Harris - perhaps you recall her repeated questions as to whether he'd consulted with Trump's law office (obviously making the point that perhaps there was some corrupt "deal" in the works).  His answers were at best evasive and revealing.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Hector442

Oct-6

"I apologize for failing to make my thoughts clear."

No need to apologize for something you don't have.

In reply toRe: msg 5
6686L

Oct-6

There is considerable evidence that sexual harassment by males of young females is epidemic.    I have some limited experience in the psychiatric aspects - no question that in many cases, especially with pubescent females,  the damage is severe.

What to do about it ?    Have decades of progressive thinking helped? Apparently not.   What should we conclude about possible recommendations?    

Is the Saudi culture that "off-the-mark"?     They seem to do a pretty good job of proecting their young females from sexual harrasement?

Or is this one of those problems that has no solution ?

In reply toRe: msg 6
DigYourGig
Host

Oct-6

6686L said:

Is the Saudi culture that "off-the-mark"?     They seem to do a pretty good job of proecting their young females from sexual harrasement?

Where did you hear that?

In those cultures, the VICTIM gets put to death for "tempting" the man.

6686L

Oct-7

Yes - you are correct - females who are openly sexy in the Saudi culture are treated much as the early puritians did - for lack of a better analogy I would call them "sex witches",  "possessed by the devil".

As a side note,  one must marvel at the logic of the rules of criminal procedure in the courts during the Puritain era - the accused was thrown into a deep pond.  If she drowned, that was proof she was innocent of "devil-sex" possession.  If she was able to swim,  then clearly she was possessed by the devil, and burned alive.

THe Saudis try to avoid such things by keeping their females at home, and under cover -on those occasions when they are allowed out, they can only do so with a guard of some sort,  and, of course, wrapped up.

As I noted in another "thread",  it is considered 'politically incorrect" to discuss the fact that human females are mammals - that leads us into a discussion of how most female mammals behave most of the time ( i.e. when they are not "in heat".  If they are approached sexually, they will attack or even kill the male.

Bottom line, males are different than females.  We males " like it"   24 hours a day; well...unless we are asleep.  females not so much.  I have no solution to this issue.

Clothahump

Oct-7

This will be her legacy:

DigYourGig
Host

Oct-7

Interesting. Your juvenile meme implies Democrats are "dumping" Dr. Ford.

I have not seen any evidence of that at all. We're all standing firmly with her.

Whoever told you that Democrats are dumping Dr. Ford apparently thinks you're so gullible you'll believe anything. Is that the case?