MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How the Democrats got outplayed   Politics

Started Oct-6 by DigYourGig; 121 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Oct-6

I disagree on this point with the writer:

The Democrats come for a political fight. Repubs come prepared to kill your children, rape your daughters, dismember your parents before your eyes and then force you to eat their bodies, and then murder you by bashing your head in with a hammer. And then when the cops show up, they say, "He reached for his waistband! I had to defend myself!"

How the Democrats got outplayed on Kavanaugh

(CNN) For all the chaos of the Trump White House, the GOP remains adroit at using the levers of power in our modern political system. Senate Democrats and Republicans are not even playing the same kind of game. The GOP comes to work ready for full-contact boxing while Democrats were setting up for a friendly game of checkers.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/05/opinions/gop-outplayed-dems-opinion-zelizer/index.html

In reply toRe: msg 1
DigYourGig
Host

Oct-7

The Democratic football team took the field, secure in the knowledge that they had scouted out all the Republicans' best plays.

But then the Republican team took the field. They pulled out shotguns and shot most of the players on the other side, announced that they had taken the wives of the survivors hostage, and would kill them unless the Democrats stayed off the field.

When one side says "screw the rules and screw you," there's no point in playing by the rules.

Ken (kjodwyer)

Oct-10

stopped reading when I got to the "brave activists in the elevator" ... I was laughing so hard

DigYourGig
Host

Oct-10

Yep, how dare liberals protest. It's like they think the Constitution allows them to do so. Protesting is only for good, white, right-wing tiki torchbearers chanting "Blood and soil!" and "Jews will not replace us, you will not replace us!" and then running over a woman and killing her.

I do concede that women who have been abused finally standing up for themselves and saying "Enough!" has got conservative patriarchy-supporters riled up. We can't have these uppity women thinking they can have any power over men. They MUST be laughed at, dismissed, ridiculed AT ALL COSTS.

The people who would laugh at victims of sexual assault and rape, well... they're not very good people at all. There's something vile and wretched that died in their souls.

• Edited October 10, 2018 2:52 am  by  DigYourGig
Hector442

Oct-10

Anyone who laughs at victims of sexual assault for asserting themselves is a sociopath.