MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trump administration very upset with Fox News   Entertainment & Media

Started Oct-11 by DigYourGig; 105 views.
DigYourGig
Host

Oct-11

I'm not making this up.

An administration official says they will "look into" Fox News' decision to not carry Trump's campaign rally as Hurricane Michael pummelled Florida, killing at least one person. 

So, Fox News is in trouble with the federal government... for not carrying Trump's campaign rally.

We're not in America anymore, are we?

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Oct-11

Between Trump's lies and Fox News lies, I'd like to see their rating plummet. It might even be entertaining to watch Trump and Fox News battle each other.... get some popcorn and settle in for the fight. ;-)

Hector442

Oct-12

I wonder what percentage of Trumpers will choose Fox so-called News over Trump.  Even if it's only 10%, it's still a win/win for sane people.

DigYourGig
Host

Oct-12

Trump got Fox News back by allowing cameras to watch Kanye West's mentally unhinged rant and then by calling in afterward during one of its shows and refusing to get off the phone. One of the hosts finally said, "Go run the country."

It's Trump's campaign strategy: Dominate media coverage as much as possible with another crazy thing or outrage.

Hector442

Oct-12

Is Kanye West on call for when Trump needs a distraction?  Or does Trump have other clowns on call for when Fox so-called News starts to lose interest?

RGoss99

Oct-13

While I agree with your point, this predated Trump. Before she died the 4 sibs, "pretended" to visit our mother ho "pretended" to be living on her own. She was wheel chair bound and watched a lot of TV. One day, Bush II was to give a state of the union speech, which would include his justification for starting Gulf War II, so my mom and I decided to tune in. However there was another story at the same time, a husband had just won a long term fight to disconnect his cometose wife. So 5 minutes into Bush´s speech, we got "We interrupt this broadcast for breaking news" (the woman had been officially pronounced dead (simple statement, not very complicated). However the channel did not switch back to Congress until the applause after Bush´s speech had ended. So what was so important, more the Bush and the Iraqi War? Simple. Becaue of a possibility of a demo, two ambulances left the hospital for the morgue, both followed by news helis with the announcer asking I wonder which one

had the body. Simple answer if interested, the one that went to the morgue, as opposed the one that went to the garage - no reason for cameras switching back and forth during the entire drive.