Politics -  Good riddance, Trump (136 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 7) 

'Good riddance': New York governor cheers Trump changing residency to Florida

"Good riddance. It's not like Mr. Trump paid taxes here anyway," Governor Andrew Cuomo said in a statement. "He's all yours, Florida."

To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (2 of 7) 
 48914.2 in reply to 48914.1 

Does this mean Trump is broke & plans to retire in 2020?

To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (3 of 7) 
 48914.3 in reply to 48914.1 

Does Cuomo have evidence of state and local tax evasion by Trump? I suspect he did evade those taxes, based on his falsifying other NYC documents to avoid property taxes. Maybe Cuomo could help the Manhattan DA's office by providing documents.

To: Hector442  (4 of 7) 
 48914.4 in reply to 48914.2 

We can hope! But I'm sure the move is a tax dodge. He'll still live in his apartment in Trump Tower while claiming the resort as his primary home. I wonder if Melania and Barron will move to the resort? Better schools in FL? ;-)

I don't know what sort of proof of residency is required for this, but I sure hope that NYC goes after that proof. I think it's pure tax dodge. He wants to avoid paying state and local income taxes, assuming he ever paid them in the past.

To: All  (5 of 7) 
 48914.5 in reply to 48914.3 
So, the Trumps have "moved". Along with whatever paperwork it is they filed changing their primary residence to Florida, were they able to register to vote there? With such a public declaration of the change, the people working at whatever location in NYC he would have voted would have legal standing to not allow them to vote next week.

Got books?

"All in all it's just another brick in the wall" Pink Floyd

Reply   Options 

To: All  (6 of 7) 
 48914.6 in reply to 48914.5 

Got books?

"All in all it's just another brick in the wall" Pink Floyd

To: Piemur DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 48914.7 in reply to 48914.6 

Wonderful! That was well done. Colbert and his writers are really good.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.