General -  How long for Delphi? (116 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 

Delphi traffic is so low I'm surprised the service is still up and running. And this morning I saw promos for someone complaining about his penis, and the promo hasn't been pulled down... so some staffers aren't even paying attention anymore.

I don't know how much long Delphi can last. If you want, some of us are hanging out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MetaPolitical/

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-16 5:58 PM 
To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (2 of 8) 
 48931.2 in reply to 48931.1 

That would be great, except I stopped doing Facebook after they did their part to elect Little Donnie in 2016.

To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 8) 
 48931.3 in reply to 48931.2 

I thought about that, too. But then I thought, "So... if all the liberals leave Facebook, then..."

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-16 9:46 PM 
To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (4 of 8) 
 48931.4 in reply to 48931.3 

Then it will become Breitbart.  Losing liberals might hurt it a bit, but if the exodus included more people from the center, its revenues would drop.

I also left it because I was concerned about its privacy issues.

• Edited November 16, 2019 9:47 pm  by  Patrick Rock (PFR291)

To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 48931.5 in reply to 48931.4 
Patrick Rock (PFR291) said:

I also left it because I was concerned about its privacy issues.

That's why I've never signed up with them, privacy issues. My husband picks up news about relatives and friends on FB, then I email them for birthdays and whatever.

To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 8) 
 48931.6 in reply to 48931.4 

I'm concerned about privacy issues, too, but sadly, that battle has already been lost, and not just with Facebook. Our privacy rights started going a long time ago when people started using credit cards.

As far as Facebook, I refuse to cede any more ground.

To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (7 of 8) 
 48931.7 in reply to 48931.1 

Between Facebook's total lack of privacy and their rolling the red carpet out for Russian interference in the 2016 election (and seem more than willing to do it again in 2020), I can't ever consider being part of Facebook.

Obviously, Facebook is far from the only invasion of privacy, but they're among the most egregious.

Regarding Delphi, a sure sign of diminishing traffic (aside from so many ghost town forums) is the decrease in trolls.  Trolls evidently no longer consider most of Delphi's forums to be worth trolling.

To: Meta (DigYourGig)  (8 of 8) 
 48931.8 in reply to 48931.6 

I consider Facebook extremely right-wing. In the past, FB has removed pages about breastfeeding. More recently, they removed the page written by physicians to debunk the page or video that said there are no reasons for an abortion ever, but left the false claims up.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.