The Stupid, It Burns -  It's always someone else's fault (96 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 

To: Hector442  (2 of 5) 
 48955.2 in reply to 48955.1 

Yep, true for all Republicans, always someone else's fault. I have yet to see a Republican politician take responsibility for his own words or actions. And I don't recall ever seeing a conservative on a forum do so either, always someone else's fault.

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/27/19 10:52 AM 
To: Knotpicky (RUTA)  (3 of 5) 
 48955.3 in reply to 48955.2 

It's the typical response of a sociopath.  Even when they are forced to admit they did something, there are always extenuating circumstances that caused it to happen, either they were misled or were an well-meaning and innocent dupe of an evil influence.  It's their companions' fault; it's their parents' fault; it's the system's fault; it's your fault; it's my fault; but it's NEVER their fault.

This happens with real criminals, and it happens with politicians.

To: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 48955.4 in reply to 48955.3 

Here is my favorite and I use it frequently with a heavy seasoning of sarcasm.

"I am a product of my environment."

Reply   Options 

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/27/19 11:28 AM 
To: 48mirage  (5 of 5) 
 48955.5 in reply to 48955.4 

And sometimes they ARE products of that environment.

Problem with that is that being a product of one's environment does not in any way absolve them of responsibility for their actions.

Ted Bundy was brought up in an exceptionally abusive environment.  It is entirely possible that his unwed mother was made pregnant by her own father, who was the source of much of the abuse in his early environment.  Those influences, if true, still do not excuse his heinous actions in any way.

We don't know what influence Little Donnie to lie, cheat, steal, or any other evil of which he is capable; we do not know what early environment caused Moscow Mitch to decide that party and personal gain were more important than the safety and well-being of his own country.  IMO, it doesn't matter.  Guilty is guilty.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.