News -  Today at the House judiciary committee (93 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 5) 

Today's House Judiciary Committee impeachment hearing consumed nearly 9 hours.

Four Constitutional law scholars, 3 chosen by the Democrats and one chosen by the Republicans, explained how impeachment works and whether Trump qualifies for it.

The 3 Democratic scholars, Noah Feldman from Harvard Law School, Pamala Karlan from Stanford University and Michael Gerhardt from the University of North Carolina were in unanimous agreement that Trump must be impeached.

The Republicans attempted various delaying tactics, but House Judiciary Committee Jerrold Nadler shut them down.

On today's broadcast MSNBC's Chris Matthews presented a few very brief highlights from the testimony.

http://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch/constitutional-scholars-say-trump-committed-several-impeachable-offenses-74521157714

From: Patrick Rock (PFR291) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-5 8:30 AM 
To: Hector442  (2 of 5) 
 48965.2 in reply to 48965.1 

As for the fourth "scholar", Jonathan Turley, Rachel Maddow ran a great clip of him defending a Federal judge during an impeachment trial in 2010, and he came off as a cheap attorney, characterizing the judge's bribe-taking as "mooching".  It was clear that while he has some liberal bona fides, he's still an attorney, and will say whatever he thinks will benefit his client.  Also, as was pointed out a number of times during the hearing, he supported the impeachment of Bill Clinton, on some of the same grounds by which he now opposes this one.

To: Hector442  (3 of 5) 
 48965.3 in reply to 48965.1 

I caught a couple of minutes on C-SPAN of one scholar's testimony, I think Michael Gerhardt, when he was giving the history of the Founding Fathers' debate about whether or not to put impeachment into the Constitution. The tellling part was an impeachment opponent listened to the pro-impeachment arguments, then got up and said he was wrong and now supports putting impeachment into the Constitution.

Very unlike the current Republicans with their closed minds, ignoring and denying facts.

To: Hector442  (4 of 5) 
 48965.4 in reply to 48965.1 

After reading this story, https://www.yahoo.com/news/giuliani-pals-leveraged-gop-access-205419441.html I believe I have a little more insight as to how all of this started.  It always goes back to the natural gas market.

Reply   Options 

To: 48mirage  (5 of 5) 
 48965.5 in reply to 48965.4 

Yup.  Another case where you can find the answer by following the money.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.