Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Russian spies charged in Yahoo hack   News

Started 3/15/17 by DigYourGig; 119 views.
DigYourGig

3/15/17

In any other reality, our government would admit we are in a state of war with Russia... a cyber war.

The hack of Yahoo was carried out with the backing of the Russian government.

U.S. Charges 2 Russian Spies and 2 Others in Yahoo Hacking

• Federal prosecutors announced charges against the four men for their roles in the 2014 theft of 500 million Yahoo accounts, one of the largest known data breaches.

• A Justice Department official described the breach as”beyond the pale” in a statement on Wednesday.

Knotpicky (RUTA)

3/15/17

Agreed, it's a cyber war with Russia. This hacking, plus the hacking of the DNC mail server and the attacks on US election systems is way beyond the pale. We need a thorough investigation, including the Trump team to see when and why they communicated with the Russians. I suspect collusion, but we'll have to wait for an investigation, and an independent prosecutor. Sessions is too compromised to handle any of this, and I'm glad he recused himself... I hope he keeps his paws out.