MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by Meta (DigYourGig)|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Enough!   Economy & Healthcare

Started by Lordrag; 2519 views.
Lordrag
Staff

3/20/09

If you can't see the video, go here.

Kisa (Fools_Bane)

3/20/09

He finally sounds like he expects to be yanked off the air at any minute.  Seriously.  He's come closer and closer to calling for what I'm close to calling for myself.

Lynch mobs.

It's the Republicans who are calling for suicide and other forms of violence.  They'd like the attention to all be on what's going on now, and not on how they deregulated enough to make such immoral activity LEGAL. 

While I want these bonuses back -- through shame, public embarrassment, taxation, persuasion, whatever it takes -- the fact is that the Republican administrations before this allowed this to happen, encouraged this to happen, with collusion of barely-Democratic Clintonites and Carterites as well. 

It's time to say about the wall separating corporations from accountability, to take a page from a certain let-tax-breaks-and-deregulation-riches-trickle-down president, "tear down this wall."

Now is the time to tear down the wall between public accountability and private greed.

Kisa (Fools_Bane)

3/20/09

Now is the time to tear down the wall between public accountability and private greed.

THEN WE NEED A TREASURY SECRETARY AND PRESEIDENT WHO'LL DO THAT, AS WELL AS CONGRESS.

And IMO, I'm not sure we HAVE the first two.

Peskydang

3/21/09

Give the man time. The evidence is that he works carefully and methodically. So far, it looks like he thinks things over before he acts.

I wrote this comment in an open thread at DKOS...to wide yawns it seems...

Lordrag
Staff

3/21/09

Ah, what a coincidence. I'm wearing a cap bearing the logo of a station I worked at back in the 90s.

Bed hair in the morning is awful. And Orson MUST pee. So cap, after mouthwash, to walk the dog, and see the hot chick who lives next door to me, after (accidentally) listening to her have sex last night. Quite loud, but an entertaining show.

Coincidentally, she's an actress, but unlike my ex, she's actually gotten work and been in a few cool things, like CSI.

I'm debating linking to her IMDB page so you can see what she looks like.

Kisa (Fools_Bane)

3/21/09

I voted for him.  He's got two of the four years to make a dent, and then will I or nil I, he's going to have to run again even while in office.

::sigh::

However, I have VERY little trust in ANY "assurance" firm.

Until there are VERY stringent federal LAWS, not federal regulations (which can be changed without a mandate or a vote from either elected representatives or the entire population of registered voters), in place RE-regulating ALL banking institutions, "national" or "state" and including "credit unions" or any OTHER instution which lends or manages savings, and until the Federal Reserve and Treasury are *also cleaned up, I will remain *********extremely******** skeptical.

And this is MY life and MY ability to remain materially competent the remainder of my life and the duration of my husband's life span.

There is NO reason not to have regulations requiring any firm providing "assurance" to actually have reserves to PAY for claims when they come.

NO reason at all.

Other than the greed of politicians wanting to get lots of campaign funds.....

And executives wanting to make easy money.  (In any other field it would be called a confidence game.)