MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by DigYourGig|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Holy fuckin' shit!   News

Started by ricardomath; 2439 views.
ricardomath

7/19/09

What an asshole!

Just listen...I have no words for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL9P6W9vt6E

Hat-tipped you (and the two folks at dKos who I saw almost simultaneously) and frontpaged the YouTube here:

http://discuss.epluribusmedia.net/content/fox-news-guest-betrays-troops-wants-taliban-kill-captured-soldier

These a$$holes know no shame.

JSixis

7/19/09

Faux News, is like watching a bad cartoon, you know it is fiction but it still sucks
Unbelievable! First a major, now this lt. colonel. How do these idiots get promoted to such high ranks?
Goophus1

7/19/09

I saw at the link to epliribusmedia which GreyHawk posted that they thanked you for tipping them to this. Well done. Thank you for this call-out.

- G

Goophus1

7/19/09

How did a bunch of federal prosecutors get fired for political reasons? How did the gov't get to sift through every bit of every conversation stream? How did the use of torture become "justified?"

Who's been in charge for the last eight years?

And BTW, how did the last Finagler-in-Chief come into and retain the office?

- G

Good point. But it makes it no less shocking.
Goophus1

7/19/09

What I found interesting was not that the "expert advisor" had such a retrograde view of humanity, but that the lady anchor seemed shocked, or at least taken aback, by his bile, and by the fact that he was venting it on "her" air. She seemed to be actively scrambling to re-phrase his gunk, and to introduce other interpretations, and other aspects, to contain and distance his stuff, to put it in an actually "fair and balanced" context. The lady anchor at Faux News, fer chrissake! I almost felt hopeful.

- G

>but that the lady anchor seemed shocked, or at least taken aback, by his bile, and by the fact that he was venting it on "her" air.

you noticed that too eh?
I don't watch faux, but is/was that one of their regular anchors, or did they throw a newbie to the wolves, so they would have plausible deniability and be able to say "she led him down that path."?

Yes, I noticed that, too, and was thinking how way off he was when even a Fox anchor was shocked by his rhetoric.