Meta

Hosted by DigYourGig

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Patriotic millionaires say "Tax us!"   Economy & Healthcare

Started by Lordrag; 958 views.
Lordrag
Staff

11/20/10

Patriotic millionaires to President Obama -- "Tax us!"

Anti-tax activists everywhere have been loudly arguing for an extension of George W. Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans in the United States.  Now a group of millionaires is arguing the opposite.

More than 40 of the nation's millionaires have joined Patriotic Millionaires for Fiscal Strength to ask President Obama to discontinue the tax breaks established for them during the Bush administration, as Salon reports.

"For the fiscal health of our nation and the well-being of our fellow citizens, we ask that you allow tax cuts on incomes over $1,000,000 to expire at the end of this year as scheduled," their website states. "We make this request as loyal citizens who now or in the past earned an income of $1,000,000 per year or more."

GreyHawk (greyhawk121)

11/20/10

Cool. :) And quotable.
<blockquote><p>__________</p><font color="blue"><p>"For the fiscal health of our nation and the well-being of our fellow citizens, we ask that you allow tax cuts on incomes over $1,000,000 to expire at the end of this year as scheduled," their website states. "We make this request as loyal citizens who now or in the past earned an income of $1,000,000 per year or more."</p></font><p>__________</p></blockquote>
GreyHawk (greyhawk121)

11/20/10

Maybe this'll help draw in some additional traffic, too --

http://discuss.epluribusmedia.net/content/early-saturday-morning-drive-posting-million-dollar-patriotism-no-really

...it was simply too good not to post. :)

merryca

11/20/10

Ted Kennedy was always saying things like that. I've heard him on the floor of the Senate arguing against the flat tax. He explained that him paying a larger percentage of taxes didn't hurt him at all, but a flat tax would hurt middle class families.

I hope more millionaires join this effort. The Hollywood millionaires should be a sizeable group.

Hey, anyone with better knowledge on these guys - let's list their companies and products to support. If someone is wanting to help the middle class me and the country, this is a good thing.

Ben Cohen of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.

LJKHHK

11/21/10

I'm eating Ben and Jerry's right now!