MetaForum: politics/culture/news

Hosted by Meta (DigYourGig)|Meta/Pulling To The Left group on Facebook

Politics, news, culture, entertainment. (If you don't want to view this forum in Zeta mode, you don't have to. Update your preferences and select "View all forums in Classic mode.)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

McCain guarantees victory   Politics

Started by Lordrag; 1920 views.
Lordrag
Staff

10/26/08

Isn't this the campaign slamming Obama for "already measuring the drapes in the Oval Office"?

McCain guarantees victory

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he can “guarantee” a win on Nov. 4 in a squeaker victory that won’t be clear until late that night.

McCain spoke amid signs of a tightening race, and reports of renewed determination among his staff, which is badly outgunned in both money and manpower.

Peskydang

10/26/08

What is he smoking?

Where can I get some?

Lordrag
Staff

10/26/08

Well, he's already talked his good friend George Bush into ordering the DOJ to step in on the Ohio voter registration case. Unprecedented. It's a blatant attempt to disenfranchise 200,000 new (mostly Democrat) voters.

But here's hoping that not even Republican election shenanigans will be enough.

Peskydang

10/26/08

I think/hope that Mukasey is smart enough to say no, or stonewall, or just act too slowly to do anything. If it can be shown that this is a violation of law, he's the guy who will go to prison. And he's probably got at least one lawyer on staff who will tell him what the risks are.
g'ma (geema1)

10/26/08

I hope they kept the receipts for all those bribes...
Kisa (Fools_Bane)

10/26/08

"...spoke amid signs of a tightening race..."

WHAT tightening race?  Overall, Obama's lead has continued to grow. ONE poll shows him closing by 3 points but overall still losing.. Reuters'.

What the fuck drugs are those fan club writers smoking and WHY do they claim to be nonpartisan writers?

Lordrag
Staff

10/26/08

Let them keep talking about a tightening race. That will ensure Obama supporters get to the polls.
Kisa (Fools_Bane)

10/26/08

I've voted.  Everyone around here who's registered has voted.  However, a lot of them are red red red.  My guess is that more are blue blue blue.

We're dug in.

only if the fix is in.
GreyHawk (greyhawk121)

10/26/08

He thinks they'll steal it for him like they did for Bush in 2004.

He may even have been told that the fix is in.

The GOP is sure trying like hell...but I wonder how much of it is sheer panic, and how much of it is actual intent to screw the nation again -- they've gotta know what the consequences are of that. The vast majority of the nation and the world favors Obama over McCain.

(which is why I am concerned about the blatant violation of Posse Comitatus, too)