HWPeeler (HPeeler)

It is the bible I don't believe in.

Hosted by HWPeeler (HPeeler)

I can accept the possibility of a god of creation. Jesus was a nice guy, but probably a con man. It is the stories of the bible I do not believe in. It is obvious men wrote these stories, not a god. It is not that god does not exist, but rather man does not know god. If man does not truly know god them all religions are just the fantasies of people. When man can say with certainty where and how the universe came from nothing we may have a better understanding of god. When man can explain WHY we evolve and HOW consciousness comes from non-living matter we may have something. As long as we cannot explain how consciousness works and where memories come from we have to admit there is more to reality than we know of.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

God makes junk.

Started Dec-2 by HWPeeler (HPeeler); 76 views.
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Dec-2

Assuming there is a god that gives life ...

We are born ignorant. Our ability to reason is imperfect. Our emotions are so easily confused. We are made junk and it is up to us to correct it. This path is not some book of myths thousands of years old but an education in the sciences. Assuming god created the universe it is in study of the sciences of god's creation we find knowledge and wisdom.

Or you can ignore the god concept and just study the sciences. The result is the same.

But what god creates, what we are born, is junk.

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said...

We are born ignorant.

Your science has failed you we are not born ignorant just ask any new mother who is breast feeding the baby knew just what to do.

BTW breast milk does not really taste good.

Mac. 

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Dec-6

We are not born with knowledge of science, religion or god. Thus ignorant.

ramseylurker

Dec-9

Whether created by God or by Chuckie D, we are hardly junk at birth. 

Human infants are born mathematicians.

They are skillful language acquisition machines that most adults cannot begin to emulate.

The blank slate (ie: ignorant junk) that you postulate could never even hope to survive to adulthood. 

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Dec-9

Ah, the math teacher. I haven't seen you in a while Welcome to the forum. As usual you make a good point. Yes, babies develop into creatures that are astounding, but as born they are pretty useless.  Each does not invent math on their own but rather need to be nurtured into it. They are not born knowing the sciences but are nurtured into them. They are not born knowing god.