Our Lost Tribe!

Hosted by gunter|gunter's page

olt! is a way station and oasis on the ancient road from Bedlam to Bellevue, dedicated to free and open discussion of topics moving heart and spirit.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Batshit   currents

Started 2/26/16 by gunter; 261458 views.
gunter

Oct-13

One of my favorite treats, Stollen is trending on social!

bshmr

Oct-14

FWIW: 'SOB' implies maternal faults whereas its single word equivalent implies the child's fault -- vulgate business language 101. 

bshmr

Oct-14

Just now noticed. Clever you. 

Seemed a strange mix, then my aged mind clicked. 

gunter

Oct-14

He's done that several times. Maybe on purpose by now to get a reaction.

bshmr

Oct-14

Ah, come on. You are suggesting that DJT is smarter than a first-grader?

Second guess is that a pun messes with the review/monitoring 'bots' -- entendre, homonyms, and such do mess with humans as well as LLMs.

greenie225

Oct-16

Still true...

gunter

Oct-21

... noted in passing

Trump talked about getting attacked by flies at one of his stops. They had flies, he said, so he asked for flypaper. And they came to him with tears in their eyes saying Sir. We're not allowed to sell it anymore because of cruelty to animals. 

[In the spirit of full disclosure: for clarity I made up the words 'with tears in their eyes'.]

He also complains that he has to be at his trial instead of out on the campaign trail, though he'll miss the next sessions because he'll be at a rally in Iowa.

Tom Cole of Oklahoma nominated Jordan as the next Speaker who has long range plans to deal with 'real drivers of debt ... Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.'

Kevin McCarthy himself gave it a try by lauding Jordan as an 'effective legislator'. Cue laughter across the aisle.

Warren Davidson of Ohio pointed out that  Representatives getting death threats wasn't Jim Jordan's fault. They were getting death threats because they voted against Jim Jordan, he said.

None of which helped with the secret vote that canned Jordan.

The Coup failed again ... but it ain't over yet I imagine.

• Edited October 21, 2023 2:05 pm  by  gunter
gunter

Oct-21

also noted, Lady Gaga promoting migraine pills ...