Our Lost Tribe!

Hosted by gunter|gunter's page

olt! is a way station and oasis on the ancient road from Bedlam to Bellevue, dedicated to free and open discussion of topics moving heart and spirit.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Guns don't kill kids, kids kill kids   Politics & War

Started 5/6/16 by gunter; 4713 views.
In reply toRe: msg 19
gunter

Aug-22

In reply toRe: msg 20
gunter

Aug-30

In reply toRe: msg 21
gunter

Sep-21

RGoss99

Sep-21

In line with your point, at one time I owed 3 fire arms, and kept them unloaed in a unlocked closit, never had any ammo for any of them, they were mine by inheritance..

In my last ten years before retireent, I was  licenced foster parent,but bcause I traveled a lot, never took long term placements, usually ases where parent had died say

in traffic accident, so I would get the kid or kids for  few days until relatives or long term placement was found.

In the process of getting the license, I had to wade through tons of buracratic regs. One of which said that not only had my fire arms be no where near ammo, but they

had to be keept in a locked container, where only I had acces to the key. I can´t thin of any case where a kid in placement used a guadian´s fire arm, but since your

cases involve parents, should we not also make safety laws for parents? Maybe, better yet have them get a license before they even produce kids.

RGoss99

Sep-21

It is not just todders, who are pretty easy to solate from fire arms,the majority of deaths caused by kids using their parets"armory" involve teens.

Remember Columbine?

Failies of 30 victims recieved 2.5 milion coms out to about 93,000 per child, so what´s is a kid´s life worth? Most ofthe money came from the shooters parents home owners insurance,ao in effect it was other home owners had to eat the costs.

In reply toRe: msg 24
RGoss99

Sep-21

Adding, as an aside punishment for crimes of stupidity has a lot to do with who you are. For example, the Joan Carles , ather of the present king of Spain Father shot and killed his brother in the 50s. In 2012, the 13 year old granson of that king, shot his toe off during unsupervised target prctice. Spain has very strict gun laws, but the kid´s father, Duke of Lugo, was never charged with negligence.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Sep-24

In this case, if I had rummaged in my mother's or grandmother's handbag, I would have come up with a nub PDQ, such behavior was absolutely not considered polite nor correct.  As for having a cocked and unlocked weapon in a purse, STUPID is a term that leaps to mind, bad enough for a pro to have a loaded and unsafed firearm on his/her/its/their hip, even they shoot themselves from time to time.

Cindy4Jesus

Sep-24

I understand, and some people are just evil and do evil things. Criminals have guns and can continue to get guns. People are doing some terrible acts and kids are not listening to authority. Schools are not teaching values for this country and erasing history. Parents need to be wiser about guns too. World is getting more wicked everyday... just as God said it would be in the last days.

RGoss99

Sep-26

In no particular order...

Where did "God" say anything about the last days and about the world becomming more wicked?

You are correct about the education system not doing an adequate job about teaching values.

However, when they try to do so, there are supposedly well meaning parents undermining their efforts, when the

values taught, do not correspond with the parents values, and/or parents with our without values, and not

raising kids with positive values before they arrive at school in the frst place.

Can you give e a single example where this country, or any entity of it is erasing history¿?

For example if  you referring to confederate war memorials being removed, this is not erasing history,

because that history is still taught. In fact in many states such as where the Civil War is called 

"the War Between the States" it is those states who are erasing history by pretending it was not

an illegal rebellion against America´s central government, which they lost.

Removal monuments of the criminal losers in that war, is not erasing history, it is correcting

it by not honoring the criminal traiters who fought against a democraticly elected government.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Sep-26

Initially, Public/Council schools were not intended for any more than generating workers, morals and socialization was entirely a function of the Church and Home.

Public/Council education for the masses was started in most of the world as a source of halfway competent folks to run the Industrial Machine that society was fast becoming.  Wielding a hoe or carrying horse droppings was no longer sufficient if you wanted more than entry level farm hands; apprenticeships took up to ten years to generate a competent journeyman IN HIS SPECIFIC area, not good enough for the mills and foundries springing up all over the place that needed workers NOW.

Well to do and gentry already had schools but they were very highly restricted to that class of person.  Scotland was probably the first English area with free Council Schools for the masses, some 200+ years before England.