HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Only Politics

Hosted by HWPeeler (HPeeler)

News and comments of current elections and political topics.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is it a mental health issue?

Started Feb-20 by HWPeeler (HPeeler); 796 views.
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Feb-20

Is it a systemic problem. Do we raise people not to think critically? Do we teach them to read, believe and react ... not question what they read?

"Gun nuts are the problem." Yep.

"Gun control nuts are the problem." Yep.

The same system creates both nuts.

Americans are just too flucking stupid, statistically. Too few have any sense.

shibumiMC

Feb-24

A "gun nut" is by definition - a nut. They are not weekend hunters, or target  / competition shooters - they love their weapons. It's religion with them, and being religious, they can't be talked to about it. Therefore - if you want changes you have only three choices with these people:

1. de-program them

2. incarcerate them

3. put them in mental institutions

All these options mean a lot of work, and a lot of pain. But all three require separating them from their guns. And that is what must happen.

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,the right of the women to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
shibumiMC

Feb-25

The motto of the (female?) lunatic fringe.

• Edited February 25, 2018 8:07 am  by  shibumiMC
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Feb-25

Re: gun nuts

I take it you have never had a hobby. Never been a collector. Never served your country. Never challenged your abilities. You limit "gun nut" to only negative aspects.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Feb-25

Freewheel (FREEWHEEL2) said:

... the women to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Super! My wife would agree with you very much.

It just seems like if firearms are to exist at all, they ought to be for women only, no exceptions. And so just why exactly, would this be an unlikely scenario ? I suspect the answer must inevitably contain descriptions of entrenched patriarchism, normalized abuse, etc.
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Feb-26

Why do you think women would be different gun nuts than men? Women  would change.

coldstone777

Feb-28

He was a Nazi. Video games, mental illness, school prayer, all this dances around the issue. Nazis are radicalizing young white people the way Islamic clerics radicalize young people in their countries.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/swastikas-ammunition-magazines-parkland-florida-school-shooting-suspect-nikolas-cruz/

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Feb-28

I think Cruz was Nazi-curious, but never actually joined up. He was just nuts. Will he claim innocent because of it? He was just sick. No, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. It was planned well ahead of time. He knew right from wrong.

He did not choose only black, Mexicans or Jews to shoot at. That would be Nazi.