HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Only Politics

Hosted by HWPeeler (HPeeler)

News and comments of current elections and political topics.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Democrats didn't applaud.

Started Feb-8 by HWPeeler (HPeeler); 310 views.
Lavendar63

Mar-31

well isn't that what is wrong with politicians they tend to be self serving so get over it but It is nice to have something to applaud about so get over your mad on and start applauding our country 

RGoss99

Apr-1

The best way to "applaud" a country, is to praise it for what it gets right, while

not ignoring or rationalizing what it gets wrong.

Lavendar63

Apr-1

so what your saying is if a person gets one thing wrong than everything he does is wrong 

RGoss99

Apr-2

Countries, e.g. states are human creations, one applauds the good, castigates the bad.

G=G+1 for faulty logic, unrelated to my post.

Applauding a state for things it does that are bad, has nothing to do with what they have done that is good.

You are actually encouraging the bad, by praising the state, by ignoring it and calling those who don´t

bad.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Apr-2

Good and bad for whom?

What is good for one group may be bad for another. If you aid corporations those who have stocks in those corporations benefit but others may not. You can lower taxes on corporations but raise taxes on people. 

Recognizing individual actions, as Trump did so many times in his speech, should have been applauded by all. The individuals were not recognized as Republicans or Democrats but as citizens.

RGoss99

Apr-2

You are missing the context, recognition from one who has universal, or near universal respect, which approval ratings suggest, Trump does not have, tends to be

seen as self serving paternalism, e.g. a marketing ploy, which says, see, I am a good guy, so support me, and ignore the bad things, which to date seem to be in the majority.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Apr-2

Or we can be a Democrat and look at only the negatives in Trump's works, taking everything he says as a lie. relaxed Cutting corporate taxes helps all who have investments in those corporations. What helps Trump helps many Republicans. Trump lies a lot? Certainly, more than many Democrats even.

If you want to outlaw lying by politicians there wont be any left.

RGoss99

Apr-3

Trickle down theory was tried by Reagan and failed, if that is the only Trump positive you can come up with, on balance, this is still a negative.

I asked what he has done that is possitive, and you still have come up with nothing. Even if you think his tax cuts are positive, the facts as

to the results are not in.

Put another way, after over a year in what way is America actually better off.

At this point, considering that Obama, got my pension withing pennies of where it was after a Bush II low, Trump has given my a 10% income cut.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Apr-3

RGoss99 said:

Even if you think his tax cuts are positive, the facts as to the results are not in.

Agree, so you can't say it is a failure. Trickle down or not.

RGoss99 said:

in what way is America actually better off.

Some corporation are handing out bonuses from the tax savings.

Yes, some people it benefits, some people it does not.

Me? I didn't vote for Trump, but I won't assassinate his character unjustly. He does a pretty good job of that non his own.

RGoss99

Apr-3

Non statistical subjectively selected samples are not evidence of general success, yes some stock holders benefit, but one must take into

account those who are suffering from the budget cuts necessary to achieve the tax cuts.

I did not say it is a failure, only that the question was to identifty a success accomplished by Trump in the present.

To me, it is a failure because Trump has resulted in a 10% income cut in the present this is real.

In my case, the fall of the dollar as a result of Trump, and everyne whose income is based on the valure suffers equally in the present,

while those whose incomedoes not, the resulting increased cost of living, is the same in the longer term..

You are simply stating an opinion as to the future results of his efforts.

What I asked for is a factual example of suggess, and you have provided no example of one.