HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Only Politics

Hosted by HWPeeler (HPeeler)

News and comments of current elections and political topics.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is it a mental health issue?

Started 2/20/18 by HWPeeler (HPeeler); 1318 views.
“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,the right of the women to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
shibumiMC

2/25/18

The motto of the (female?) lunatic fringe.

• Edited February 25, 2018 8:07 am  by  shibumiMC
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

2/25/18

Re: gun nuts

I take it you have never had a hobby. Never been a collector. Never served your country. Never challenged your abilities. You limit "gun nut" to only negative aspects.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

2/25/18

Freewheel (FREEWHEEL2) said:

... the women to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Super! My wife would agree with you very much.

It just seems like if firearms are to exist at all, they ought to be for women only, no exceptions. And so just why exactly, would this be an unlikely scenario ? I suspect the answer must inevitably contain descriptions of entrenched patriarchism, normalized abuse, etc.
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

2/26/18

Why do you think women would be different gun nuts than men? Women  would change.

coldstone777

2/28/18

He was a Nazi. Video games, mental illness, school prayer, all this dances around the issue. Nazis are radicalizing young white people the way Islamic clerics radicalize young people in their countries.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/swastikas-ammunition-magazines-parkland-florida-school-shooting-suspect-nikolas-cruz/

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

2/28/18

I think Cruz was Nazi-curious, but never actually joined up. He was just nuts. Will he claim innocent because of it? He was just sick. No, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. It was planned well ahead of time. He knew right from wrong.

He did not choose only black, Mexicans or Jews to shoot at. That would be Nazi.

In imagining my hypothetical situation, the number of women gun nuts, while not zero, I suspect would be fewer [both proportionally and numerically] than the present number of men gun nuts.

Similar mental illness : How many women want monster trucks ?

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

3/18/18

Fewer? But the more that wanted guns, monster trucks and political office ... the more would be violent. :-)

Just more women with practical shoes. I have met a few in life. Little different from men.