Knee Replacement -  Twilight sleep or General Anesthetic??? (450 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: misfit (rjc2354) unread  (3 of 3) 
 23010.3 in reply to 23010.1 

This is an older post but perhaps my experience will help someone make a decision for anesthesia that is right for them.  My OS likes his patients to have just very mile twilight sedative with a spinal.  I was excited, yet creeped out, that I would be able to watch the surgery.  Once i realized for sure I would feel nothing, I was into it and so very glad I chose this way.  My first tkr, 12 years ago, I was totally out and it took days to really be aware.  This time, I had my surgery on Valentines day, 2017 ans went home the next afternoon.  I was awake and out of the post surgical unit very quickly, had a light supper and then a short walk.  Had several short walks the next morning and left in the afternoon, feeling pretty good.  So far, so good.  Yeah, the pain at time is awful...that is normal.  I think I will recover much more quickly, as they said, though.  Watching the surgery was an amazing experience! Lin

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-2 3
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.