Knee Replacement -  Joy checking in 2006-2011 (374 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Joy (joy098)  (2 of 6) 
 23011.2 in reply to 23011.1 

Hi Joy

I did something similar to my right knee two years ago.  I was hauling my boat out of the water and lost my balance and fell down into the trailer at a terrible angle on the leg.  I thought for sure I had ruined my knee.  This was on Memorial Day weekend and it was Tuesday before I got into see my surgeon.  Xrays looked fine, so he said I just strained it.  Sure enough, it took a month to feel better.

However, in that same incident, I severely cut my lower calf.  It was so bad, it is called an Avulsion.  (Think of fileting a fish and you'll get close to what I did.)  At the time though, I was more concerned about my knee.  However, this was a serious injury and I was put in the hands of a plastic surgeon.  He felt I would probably have to undergo skin grafting, but never did.  It just slowly healed from the outside in.  Took 14 months to heal completely.  I have a pretty awful looking scar (kind of like a 3rd degree burn scar), but I am not entering any beauty contests anytime soon.  LOL

Reply   Options 

To: SloopJohn  (3 of 6) 
 23011.3 in reply to 23011.2 

Hey John,

Thanks for sharing.  I get it!  We are very protective of our bionic joints.

I think it has been about a month for me now and the pain is gone much of

the time.  I still have times when this knee aches more than it did before, but

I am not complaining.  The muscles that I pulled from my hip to my ankle are

completely back to normal. ABout the beauty contests...my biggest fear before

I had my first knee surgery was what my scar would look like.  That is really funny

now because I have scars on both knees and my thigh and I don't care a bit, even in 

a swim suit.  If anyone comments, I explain what happened. My 5 year old granddaughter saw one knee scar for

the first time and asked what happened.  I have a nasty scar from my hip surgery.  It looked

fine for several months and then decided to look bad with a long deep dent between the muscles.

I really don't care.  I am so glad that I can walk.  Blessings to all.  I love hearing about your progresses.

To: Joy (joy098) unread  (4 of 6) 
 23011.4 in reply to 23011.1 

Love hearing this.    You go girl!    I'm having some issues now.   My replacement was 2007.   I so remember how brave you were/are.   Keep on keeping on.    I haven't been viewing the site regularly at all, but will begin again.    Love your spirit!

To: SloopJohn  (5 of 6) 
 23011.5 in reply to 23011.2 

John,

If beauty contests were composed of loyalty,  a generous heart, good nature, an attitude of helpfulness

and a gift for teaching, you would win hands down

To: 100Catherine unread  (6 of 6) 
 23011.6 in reply to 23011.5 

Catherine

I wish I could live up to that!  Thanks

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-6
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.