Share Your Story -  TKR (441 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Patt (noble521) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 23017.5 in reply to 23017.4 

No...you were not too wordy....and I thank you for each little word! I wanted to say thank you for your prompt reply....and want to respond more fully later....not able to presently.....I will respond when able.......I need info and support so I will be back.....your post is very helpful and I want to discuss further....thank you so much.

Reply   Options 

From: Patt (noble521) DelphiPlus Member Icon7/17/16 3:47 PM 
To: Judylea  (6 of 8) 
 23017.6 in reply to 23017.5 

Your very welcome Judy. Any time.

To: Judylea  (7 of 8) 
 23017.7 in reply to 23017.3 

I'm wondering if you have a rehab. type place you could go to for some of your recovery and to have PT there as well ??  For my area ( Indiana) we have nursing homes that will take any age of a person in just for their recovery process for people who do not have anyone living or staying with them.

Your weight loss will help you a lot with the pain in your knees.  My OS told me years ago, that for every pound I ,lose it's like 5-6 pounds off my knees.  It does make a difference.  Your PT is a great idea, to help strengthen your muscles

I hope your able to have your knee replaced when the time is right for you,  you'll know when that time is, you will have had enough pain you can't stand it any more.  I was 50 years old when i had my right TKR in 2012.

Deb

From: RobinMM (HIERAN) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/14/16 6:41 AM 
To: Patt (noble521) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 8) 
 23017.8 in reply to 23017.4 

Hi Patt - great post and not too wordy at all, IMHO. ?? You gave some great answers and advice!

FYI to the original poster, my right TKR is 18 years old and the left is 17. My surgeon's preference was to do them about nine months apart. They are both going strong! I even have this weird loose screw (haha, no comment from the peanut gallery!) that floats inside the left knee space. But it doesn't seem to be hurting anything, so we've just left it alone. ??

All best,
Robin

On Our Feet: The Joint Replacement Forum (Founded 1998)

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-4 5-8
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.