Knee Replacement -  knee still stiff at times after 2 years and 3 months tkr on left knee. (183 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 

Hi , I haven't posted in awhile.My knee is tolerable and back on my treadmill and stationary bike.Been pretty active trying to do things around the house my husband did.He has been battling lung cancer for 11 months now.I have gained at least 20 pounds since I had surgery. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions? I try to pace myself so I don't get to wore down.I am nearly 62 and had to get on disabilty from the knee replacement. Thanks for any info.Take care and may God bless each one of you.

Reply   Options 

From: Joanne (jlgonzo) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/21/16 11:08 AM 
To: brw9932  (2 of 3) 
 23023.2 in reply to 23023.1 

Omg.. I am so sorry to read about your Husband. Bless you both.

Now, 'bout your knee(s)? The first think I can recommend(speaking from experience)is try to loose the weight. I feel a lot better 10 lbs lighter. It's been a uphill battle. Fighting the 'impulsive eating'...seeking the comfort food. It is a common thing to do when stressed.

Get an RX for some PT. Make the time to take care of yourself. It is important.

Know when to stop. If your pain increases, stop what ever it is your doing. ie-- lets say that I'm cruising the mall. Your knee starts to hurt...really bad. You stop what your doing and sit. You don't wait to stop...you stop when it hurts. Give it 10-15 minutes rest, then move. If the pain continues..make an appt. with your Ortho.

I do wish the best for you and all the strength and power that you can muster up. It is so not easy at ALL to be in your shoes right now. Find a nice warm place, and get comfy...when you can.

Take care,

Joanne

Click for Cedar City, Utah Forecast

To: Joanne (jlgonzo) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 3) 
 23023.3 in reply to 23023.2 

Thankyou for your encouragement. 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.