Knee Replacement -  TKR and Backache  (149 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 6) 

I'm interested in seeing if others developed back pain after their TKR.  Before mine one leg was longer than the other. After TKR the legs were made the same length and I've developed a pinched nerve in my lower back. 

Reply   Options 

From: Joanne (jlgonzo) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/21/16 10:57 AM 
To: MoetJasper  (2 of 6) 
 23024.2 in reply to 23024.1 
My back blew out ... THEN my knees went kaput. <shrug>

Click for Cedar City, Utah Forecast

To: Joanne (jlgonzo) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 6) 
 23024.3 in reply to 23024.2 

Well I'm sure these things are connected. I hope you are OK 

To: MoetJasper  (4 of 6) 
 23024.4 in reply to 23024.1 

Yes, i developed severe back pain, not after my TKR in Dec/08 but after I had the revision done in Sept/14..and it is still going strong.

The doctors say it is because my gait changed after the revision and further tests, X-ray, MRI show severe osteoarthritis in 3 discs.  Funny, this must have taken a long time to develop and I never had even a twinge of back pain in my life.  

I have my full story here on a recent thread that you can read.

My lower back is at times in severe spasm that lasts for weeks and not only is the pain severe but it is debilitating.  I'm working on it....  apparently there are a couple of nerves involved.

I'll write more as I learn more in the next few weeks.

I hope you are able to manage yours better than I am..!!

I'd be very interested in knowing how you're coping with it.

To: Nelly59  (5 of 6) 
 23024.5 in reply to 23024.4 

Very interesting but sorry you are in pain. Mine has been made worse by sitting at a desk all day. I'm finding that Voltaren works very well for me (dichlorophenac). I take a tablet of 75 mg once at night every couple of days and it seems to last. I'll look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

From: Joanne (jlgonzo) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/22/16 4:41 AM 
To: MoetJasper  (6 of 6) 
 23024.6 in reply to 23024.3 

They sure are. My right leg took a vacation due to my back surgery..and then my gait changed ever so slightly. I've lasted a long time..and pleased at that. But dawg..it stinks.

I used to say 'age sucks' when I was in my fourties, now that I'm mid-sixty..darn straight age sucks. ;-)

The other night when I the vacuumed the dog crates, the darn vacuum cleaner cord decided to attack me. I lost the battle and landed on my butt, but in the process, twisted my knee. I canceled my PT appt. for today....wrong move, but necessary. I needed sleep. But at any rate, 'the beat goes on'.. Right when you think that everything is stable...something occurs that messes with the 'greater scheme of things'.

Click for Cedar City, Utah Forecast

• Edited November 22, 2016 4:44 am  by  Joanne (jlgonzo)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.