Knee Replacement -  Home from hospital (492 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: pam127  (8 of 11) 
 23035.8 in reply to 23035.1 

I had both my knees done at the same time 5 years ago and had a hell of a time in the beginning with poor PT and pain. Then I decided to get a personal trainer at the gym who set me up with personal exercises to strengthen my knees and other parts of my body that needed it. Then a few months later, luckily, the gym started an aqua aerobics program that continues to this day. With the strengthening and the aqua aerobics, my knees returned to normal and became a part of my body that I don't think about anymore. Your knees need gentle strengthening done at your own pace (at the gym) and the aqua aerobics is also at your own pace and so gentle. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Reply   Options 

To: NancyM115  (9 of 11) 
 23035.9 in reply to 23035.8 

Hi Nancy, I still marvel at folks who have both knees done at the same time. It must be doubly hard. My new knee is 7 weeks now. I started back at aqua therapy last week and I am so glad to be there. I have been doing very well. I had some difficulty with my stomach between weeks 2 and 3 and stopped the Dilauded and just stuck with Advil and Tylenol which was tough but worked out in the end. I have one more PT appt and they feel I am doing well. My kneecap mostly over the incision is still senstive to clothing and touch but is improving. All in all, I think this knee was a better experience. I don't know if the surgeon improved his technique or I knew what to expect. Maybe a combination of both! Anyway I will hope to continue to improve. I feel I am at about 85% of where I hope to be. I expect it to take the full year. I have full extension and about 118 flex. I still get tired though but each week I see improvement. I hope to continue with the water therapy as long as we both last. It was nice to hear from you. Pat

To: pam127  (10 of 11) 
 23035.10 in reply to 23035.9 

Sounds like you are doing really well and are super positive. You are right about the year. It takes a long time for that knee cap not to be sensitive to kneeling. I still avoid it if I can, but I can if I have to now. Best of luck. Nancy

To: NancyM115  (11 of 11) 
 23035.11 in reply to 23035.10 

Thank you, Nancy. I have more patience this time around. It sure helps. Pat

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-7 8-11
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.