Hip Replacement -  THR (104 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 

Hi Everyone,  im new to this forum, thought i would give a short version of my story. Im hoping for some feedback.

Im 59 years old and had DDD and very back back disc issue with L4 and L5. Very painful. Im Diabetic and in 2014 had a THR, infection set in, entire prothesis had to be removed for 9 months and had revision done in 2015. No infection. But it did not stop there. I have slight erosion and prothesis is about 4cm loose. Ortho surgeon gave me to see how i am in Dec and does not want to open me up again. Between surgery, cleanings, ive had 6 operations on this leg. Walking is awful. I use a walker. Ive never been able to get away from it to walk on my own. Im grateful for at least being mobile. All of this was done at a very good university hospital and excellent surgeon. Im so confused with what is going to happen with me. I also have Neuropathy in both legs with inflammation. I used to be so active and tbe past three years have been discovering a new chapter in my life. Very difficult. Has anyone else gone thru something similar?

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.