Knee Replacement -  Revision surgery (275 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 7) 

I have not been on here for awhile. I got so much help when I had my TKRs. I had my left TKR in 2002 and the right one in 2007. Now the left knee started feeling like it was slipping. After X-rays and a CT Scan, my doctor says I have Aseptic loosening. He says it won't get better, might get worse. Recommends revision but says the decision is mine. I don't have too much pain. Just that loose feeling sometimes. I am 73, weigh TOO much. Has anyone else had to make this decision and decided not to have the revision?
I really don't know what to do, he says it is a much more difficult surgery this time around. Any thoughts and ideas will be appreciated.

Sandie

Reply   Options 

To: sandiebro  (2 of 7) 
 23041.2 in reply to 23041.1 

I am 80 and just had revision surgery my knee was so loose and hurt so bad I could hardly put pressure on it I turned 80 on the 12th of march and had surgery the 28th and I am not sorry I had it done my Dr. said do not fall and I asked why he said revisions are good but not as good as the 1st replacement I will be 6 months the 28th of sept. and I am doing fine little pain here and there but I am back to doing what I like and want to do and I back to riding my 21 speed road bicycle don't put it off too long I am glad I had mine done

To: dieselboats  (3 of 7) 
 23041.3 in reply to 23041.2 
Thanks for the info. Yes, I am thinking I have no choice but to have the revision done. Next step is to decide who will do it. The doctor who did my two TKRS is good and I like him but not sure he is an expert in revisions. Am trying to talk to people and find out who really is. I know it is a more difficult surgery. Did it take you longer to recuperate from this one?

To: sandiebro  (4 of 7) 
 23041.4 in reply to 23041.3 

I don't think it took longer to recuperate about the same but I had a nerve block on the leg before surgery which did away with a lot of the pain but I had trouble raising the leg straight up in order to get out of the hospital so I had to go to a nursing home for 2 weeks which I think helped me  lot with the therapy when I got of the nursing home I will be 6 months the 28th of Sept I went to see my Dr. in June and I do not have to go back for 6 months I still have  little pain but for only 6 months old and the pain I had before I can live with it. I am very active for my age everyone tells me to slow down but at 80 now I don't plan on changing much I love riding my 21 speed bicycle too much and I am a prostate cancer survivor 4 years in remission this month got to get on with living. Take care and good luck with your revision

To: dieselboats  (5 of 7) 
 23041.5 in reply to 23041.4 
Thanks! And I hope you continue to improve.

To: sandiebro  (6 of 7) 
 23041.6 in reply to 23041.5 

keep me informed as to your decision and praying for you and wishing you the best

To: dieselboats  (7 of 7) 
 23041.7 in reply to 23041.6 
Will do. Thanks

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.