Knee Replacement -  Revision (155 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 
Hello, no one has answered my question so I guess everyone has opted to have the Revision. Ok, will you tell me your stories, good or bad. I forgot to mention that there is no infection involved with my knee. Just worn out. I am wondering how long I can put it off? I need to have another unrelated surgery first.

Reply   Options 

To: sandiebro  (2 of 4) 
 23042.2 in reply to 23042.1 

My mom had to have a revision done last year on her left knee.  She could barely walk, function.  My parent's live in Indiana in the summer months, she seemed fine then when we would see her.  Then they leave in October for Florida for the other 6 months.  She thought maybe she had pulled or twisted her replaced knee some how, but went to an OS and he said she'd need a revision.

All I know is she is doing really well with it, she was 76 at the time she had the revision done.  I guess in answer to your question.. I am wondering how long I can put it off?   Until you can't take the pain, discomfort anymore, but don't wait to long.  My mom waited almost too long and being the stubborn person she is almost didn't have enough cartlidge to connect to have the surgery done.

Deb

To: djcrac24  (3 of 4) 
 23042.3 in reply to 23042.2 
Thanks for the reply. Yes, my doctor seems to want to do it sooner than later. Just wondered if anyone had waited.

To: sandiebro  (4 of 4) 
 23042.4 in reply to 23042.1 

I had a revision on my Right Knee on the 28th of March I am doing fine with it the only thing my Dr. has said is to be careful and do not fall I asked why and he said revisions are good but not as good a the first knee replacement I had pain for two years trying to get some to listen to me about my pain if I turned wrong I had to catch myself because my knee would buckle hurt like heck it was swollen no infection the old knee had become loose on the bottom when he did the surgery he came into my room later and I asked him how loose it was he said he just lifted it out from the bottom now all my pain is gone glad I had it done I will be 6 months the 28th of Sept don't put it off they had to fix my lower bone due the old knee being loose and now the spikes that are in the bone are twice as long but at 80 years old I can live with that and I still ride a 21 speed bicycle just more carefully

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.