Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you ever had porridge?   The Curious You: Your Polls

Started by Cstar1; 1281 views.
I'm going out to buy some tomorrow!  I can't wait to taste grits.
CruisingCats

1/3/13

Make sure you have some type of laxative on hand! That stuff looks like gritty glue. I think it could end up being like cement in your colon. It might take years to pass!
Cstar1
Host

1/3/13

Nonsense. :P
CruisingCats

1/3/13

I don't know. Have you ever tried to get it off a plate? You might as well throw the plate away. <G>
Cstar1
Host

1/3/13

Sure, if you just leave it there to dry! LOL

That's why you rinse your plate off when you finish. LOL

This conversation almost had me eating grits again for dinner last night - but hubby brought me a burrito and fresh tamales instead so... 
I had it for dinner, it was delicious.
  • Edited 1/3/2013 8:08 am by ToadieToes
I tried some last night, I really liked it.  Course a fav holiday dish around here is scalloped corn and all summer we have fresh corn on the cob so this isn't a stretch.  The only reason I can figure we never had it growing up is that we are from the north, grits isn't common here.
CruisingCats

1/3/13

I love burritos and tamales!
Cstar1
Host

1/3/13

I'm from the north too, but my mother's always made it - and she was from Wisconsin. She must have had a college roommate that came from the south or something.