Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you ever had porridge?   The Curious You: Your Polls

Started by Cstar1; 1277 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Liz (vixengrins)
Staff

1/1/13

Yes - we were regularly given it for breakfast in the winter when I was a child - I never liked it.
  • Edited 1/1/2013 12:24 pm ET by Liz (vixengrins)
In reply toRe: msg 5
Yeah, I have never had grits before but I eat cream of wheat or oatmeal fairly often.
CruisingCats

1/2/13

I don't eat grits, oatmeal or cream of wheat. Nasty, nasty, nasty!
In reply toRe: msg 5
lumpocoal

1/2/13

I love grits.  Either as a hot cereal or as a side dish in place of mashed potatoes.
I have grits a couple times each week.
lumpocoal

1/2/13

I eat oatmeal or grits daily.
lumpocoal

1/2/13

Does anyone here remember Ralston wheat cereal?
That was my favorite but I can only find it at The Vermont Country Store online.
One day I'll order some.

• Edited 1/2/2013 3:28 am ET by BOBinABQ (lumpocoal)
I have always wanted to try grits as I love the other two
CruisingCats

1/2/13

To me, they're just gross. I'd rather eat dirt...with worms.

True story, my dad once told me to make oatmeal for my brothers for breakfast. I'd never made it before, so I made a whole box. It was a lot of freaking oatmeal! My dad was so mad that he told me I had to eat all of it or I couldn't leave the table. Hell could freeze and I wasn't going to eat it, not even a bite. I sat there the whole day staring at this congealed crap. My grandparents, uncle and aunt were visiting us. They started making trips through the kitchen and out the back door, taking handfuls of the horrible goo with them. Finally, my uncle snapped and yelled, "The Hell with this!" and he grabbed the whole, big pot and carried it out the door. Mom said she never saw her pot again. Dad never said a word and pretended I had eaten it.
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

1/2/13

And you can't stand any kind of melon, what DO you eat?
Bike (URALTOURIST1)

1/2/13

But you will probably eat polenta, just because it's Italian.  Guinea Grits, in other words.